experiences with Overture?

Has anyone advertised on overture?

if so what was the outcome like?

Im advertising on there for 3-4 days now, and ive got 1 click from it. reason for this could be because of my positioning..(30 and 80)

has anyone had much success with this kind of positions? (second page).

well..im definately not going to bid for top position, as big boys like microsoft bcentral, they bid $10! thats a rediculous price!
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

If you can bid in the first 4 or 5 positions you will see some good results.

If not its not worth it.

If you manage to go for the first five position you will see results as Overture feeds some other engines. But of course, there are many crazy bids for web hosting key words, if you want to compete there you will have to have a deep pocket

i know..crazy indeed..$10 for top position. thats 2 months of hosting....just for 1 click..
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

I had a very negative experience with Overture. Even after attaining 1,2,3 positioning for some keywords that I was interested in and blowing through a couple hundred dollars ( I know, thats not alot), I did not get a single order. Clicking at overture has become more of a sport by others so it appears.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Greetings:

My personal feelings and experiences with Overture and search engines in general is that you MUST be on the first page; preferably within the first ten listings.

Overture.com can work well if you are in the top 3, and works ok if you are in the top 5, and so so if you are in the top 10. Anything beyond 10, don't bother.

One thing to look at is niche markets where you use very specific keywords to your niche. That way you often can get in the top 3 for $1 per click or less.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Right - anything below say the top 10 really only draws other people trying to sell you another advertising source.

Overture itself only produces 5% of their traffic, so obviously to real results would come from the top 3 - but that's big bucks these days.

Jeez - you think $10 is bad - rackshack is paying $22 per click for "dedicated servers" and even worse the #2 spot is only paying $9.99.

Good use of your marketing dollars there Marsh!

I have used overture, if anything it has helped me narrow down the key words I wanted. now I stick to google.

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

tried it before.... not much impressed with ROI...