hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Cheating on certification exams

Forum Jump

Cheating on certification exams

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
A#* Duke Of New York

Cheating on certification exams

I gotta say this, does anyone have any idea how many people cheat on these things. Its not even funny. SO MANY people asking for brain dumps, which are answers to questions on the tests. People not just asking a lot, but getting pissed off when you tell them its wrong. Its just down right cheating, and they say "well I am studing also". I dont know, I just think these people deserve to fail and loose their money. Not only does it lower the prestige of the certification, but it also will leave a bad taste in employeers mouths if they hire someone who cheated that doesnt know their stuff, and they preform badly. Your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I once got caught cheating in 5th grade, and I will never do it again.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I don't cheat. I just look off of other people's stuff to remind me of things.

OnApp - Automate Everything, Everywhere.

Interested in OnApp? Give it a try with our 24 hour demo.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Those certification exams don't prove anything btw, but that's something for another thread. In any case, cheating = bad karma. Helps in the short term, but ultimately screws you over.

Old
A#* Duke Of New York

mind, tell that to a ccie

Old
Web Host :)

brain dumps kick arse! I know I know I know.. It's kinda in a funny way sorta cheating but hey I got too much more inportant stuff to do like learn more *nix.. Windows is pretty simple when they is an issue just reboot

Old

Don't worry about it... it's you against you. In the end, if you know your stuff and perform well without cheating, you will be the one who succeeds in the end.

Old
Junior Guru

You can cheat in the exams but not your employers/customers. You will get a great kick in your ass if you try to make shortcut methods.

Old
Junior Guru

I agree with floppy. People will know if you've cheeted in the end.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Cheating is bad.

I am a person that likes to learn and explore new things - cheating may help you pass something, but gets you no where.

Play in your spare time!

Old
WHT Addict

cheat all you want but your only cheating yourself in the long run

Old
Premium Member

Why cheat... what have you got to prove. Cheating doesn't benefit anybody, and certainly not yourself.

I'd rather get a lower mark knowing that I have got it honestly and have it be a true indication of my capabilities then to cheat and get a higher mark.

--Shaun

Old
A#* Duke Of New York

heh, I had to reread my orig post, when people say "you" I keep thinking they are refering to me, so when someone says, you cheat you lose, fells like they talkin to me

Old
Got Milk?

LOL, those certification exams don't mean a thing, hardly worth the paper they are printed on...can't even wipe your azz with them.

All those people have cheated to get the magic MCSE letters.

Blame on the test takes, the cetification/diploma mills or Bill Gates himself, it's all a racket.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by OKIHost
brain dumps kick arse! I know I know I know.. It's kinda in a funny way sorta cheating but hey I got too much more inportant stuff to do like learn more *nix.. Windows is pretty simple when they is an issue just reboot
If getting all of the correct answers to a test from someone else is "kinda in a funny way sorta cheating." what would someone have to do before they are really cheating?

I'm just trying to get handle on the current moral climate.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Mirantis Launches Vendor-Agnostic OpenStack Certification Program Web Hosting News 2013-12-16 00:37:08
MongoDB Offers Online Certification Program for Developers and Database Admins Web Hosting News 2013-10-30 14:27:37
Amazon Web Services Launches Global Certification Program Web Hosting News 2013-05-03 09:56:27
SoftLayer Achieves SOC 2 Compliance Across 13 Data Centers Web Hosting News 2013-02-28 14:56:13
Colocation Firm CoSentry Earns Energy Star Certification for Nebraska Data Center Web Hosting News 2013-01-02 16:00:07