* California-only Question

Has anyone here ever advertised in CCN (California Computer News)? I’m about to place an ad with them to sell co-lo services and I was just wondering if any wise souls might have any comments or recommendations...

I've read it before (your dollars hard at work selling me stuff )
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-12-2002 at 01:19 AM.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

...I have never heard of them. Thats just me though.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

A local ISP advertises in it regularly, swears by it.

Big Valley Internet.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

They want ~$950/mo for a 9x11 ad, and because I'm small, it comes down to responses per dollar basically. I want to spend the money, but I want to get the most responses for my dollar(s)!

argonblue.com | sales | 800.710.8004
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

Contact an advertiser within that magazine, or subscribe to the magazine and gain an idea who is advertising, and how long they are campaigning.

This might help you spend your money more wisely eh?
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

I am in Southern California, and I've never heard of California Computer News. If you think that your target audience is readers of that magazine however, then adverise on it. As Samuel said take a look at the other advertisers. Look at back issues of the magazine to see if advertisers are renewing their campaigns (indication of level of success).

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

There are quite a few computer stores and a few ISPs who renew religiously. Does anyone know of (ideally computer + small business and/or computer + gaming) publication that is circulated to more than 65,000 people? Approximate pricing would be nice if you have ballpark prices.
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

PS: It’s [CCN, that is] a free publication, and I’ve been reading it off and on for years.

A while ago we took out a full page add in WWWiz magazine for a year (they went under 8 months into it). Their distribution was socal and north bay. We took out a half page in Microtimes too. (I think they are gone now too). They had huge distribution. We had a professionaly designed ad for both. The turn around was crap!!!! Great for branding, but not for low end sales. People who need "Internet" service use the Internet to shop for them. Not magazines. You will get calls (make sure you have an 800 number). You will get sign ups, but I assure you, it won't be what *you* expect.

Good luck. It is cool seeing your ad in a magazine.

PS- I too live in SoCal and have never heard of this publication.