Any comments on Nocster?

I currently have a box at datapipe and have not enjoyed the experience. I have been looking at Nocster and think I am going to go with them, unless I hear something different in here.

If you have any experience with them please let me know if I am making a wise choice or not.

Thank you,
    Eric Kay

What's wrong with Datapipe? I've actually been considering using their services. Based on all feedback I've gotten thus far, they seem to be a great company.

I'd recommend waiting till Fastsevers starts taking orders again.

Nocster's network was not good to us. (though maybe their problems are delt with now. We just had bad timing by signing up right when they were first installing the Cogent line and that caused a lot of problems at first)
    Jeremy » jeremy@frontdrive.com
    Front Drive » Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

I too am curious what sort of problems you are having with Datapipe. I have had a very great experience with them over the last 7 months.

Hmm, wait for SWR to post, he always has comments on nocster

Here now. And yes there was a problem when Cogent was added. It seems to have settled down now. And I have no reservations about recommending Nocster.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

See i told you guys, if anyone wants to hire my future telling services please pm me, the rates are 90$/hour.

i will recommend you to go with nocster too ...

i have been with them for about 4 months now ... and only 1 complain so far (took them 1 week to add more IPs as the person in charge was sick)

i recommend nocster and it took less than 24 hours for IPs

I agree with SWR and swijaya0101. I pre-ordered my server and have been with them since day one. I would recommend their services as well.

Andrew

I would recommend to go with Nocster too. I have been with them for 65 days now and my server's uptime is 65 days. No complains.

I've also been very happy with Nocster's service. I currently have two of my dedicated servers with them, and plan to get more servers with them in the future.

It seems to me like some of the problems people had with them were from when they had just begun. Everything has been great in my experiences. I'd definately recommend them.

Quite possible we will be dumping Cogent, and replacing them with a better provider(s). Cogent has caused nothing but problems on our network...and right we have the line completely shut off. This is not 100% yet, but that is the current idea we are tossing around here lately.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    Last edited by HostJedi; 09-09-2002 at 06:31 PM.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

dont you mean "...this is not 100% yet..."?

Will nocster prices change if you go with another provider?

<< Will nocster prices change if you go with another provider? >>

No prices WILL remain the same.

<< dont you mean "...this is not 100% yet..."? >>

yep, sorry :-)

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Originally Posted by edude

See i told you guys, if anyone wants to hire my future telling services please pm me, the rates are 90$/hour
    LOL.. how long to predict the winning numbers for this weeks NZ lotto ?

I'll pay you an hour anyway if they come up *If Only*

im just wondering...what kind of hardware failure support do they provide with their dedicated servers. If a hard drive fails, how long will it take to fix it and will they try to recover the data or take the quick route and just replace it.

Originally posted by bandwidth
    im just wondering...what kind of hardware failure support do they provide with their dedicated servers. If a hard drive fails, how long will it take to fix it and will they try to recover the data or take the quick route and just replace it.

I had a Hard Drive fail once and it was replace and restored within 2 hrs , yes they will restore and recover your data for you.
    phantasyworkshosting.com

wow..thanks for the info.
    but do you know if they guarentee it within a certain amount of time.

Originally posted by bandwidth
    wow..thanks for the info.
    but do you know if they guarentee it within a certain amount of time.
    Well I would suggest you ask them about any garuntee's , in my situation there were on it very quickly once I alerted them of the situation and problem.
    phantasyworkshosting.com

I don't think they have any set time guarantee on hardware replacement, but they always have 3 techs working it seems, and plenty of parts on hand.

oh alrite...ill see if i can find anything on the site