Question Making a decision VERY SOON - need your opinion/advice!

I've been researching for a good and reliable web host for the last month...webhostingtalk has been a big help!

I've narrowed my list down to 3...all three offer different packages at different prices:

1) Ionhosting - obvisiously the price is the most attractive...cheap and good (based on the sites hosted there)

2) Enhancedhosting - their September special looks attractive

3) HostMatix.com - mid range price, but it LOOKS like the best of the three I have listed.

Any final opinions you have on these three companies before I buy and try in the next few days? Please post any concerns.

I suggest doing a bit of research on each of them, make sure they're not going to vanish into thin-air next week or something stupid like that
    hope it works out
    - Ross
    admin@ultralogic.net
    For quality hosting at a quality datacenter - www.ultralogic.net
    admin@ultralogic.net

Search for them using the search function. Great tool that is

Originally posted by faculty
    Search for them using the search function. Great tool that is
    hmmmm, great tool indeed.
    CW3 Web Hosting - Merchant Accounts-Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://cw3host.com and http://home.cyberweb3.net

Hello Praiseboy,

I would suggest Hostmatix.com
    I have heard lots of good things about them. excellent customer support, live chat, great connectivity, and the prices are reasonable. Besides they have 30 day money back guarantee which makes it risk free.
    If you are interested about them, don't hesitate.

Word of advise. Don't trust companies that offers unlimited bandwidth. Theres no such thing!

Hostmatix.com (I think it was them) just did a thread on this form. Check it out. The tech guy seemed polite to a really needy client.

ionhosting

I've been ion for about 4 months now and I am pretty dissatisfied with their service. Here are some of the inconviences I have had with them:

1) excessive downtime: yesturday my site was down for about 14 hours, I emailed them 4 times asking what is going on, I still haven't gotten a reply

2) horrible accessability: In order to access phpmyadmin you have to first login to your ssl based control panel, then select the domain where the database is located, then you must click the "databases" button, then you must click the link to open phpmyadmin, and then it will refresh the page with the list of databases and open a popup with phpmyadmin (i experienced problems with the popup opening the initial control panel login page)

3) Php no-no's: they have disabled the system() and phpinfo() commands in php. This proved to be a major hastle as I would have to find replacement functions in php, where alot of the features in the functions were missing.

4) Support?: I had to email their support team many times, at often times I would get an excuse that was similar to that of "that's just the way it is". and that I would just have to deal with it.

5) subdomains: Whenever you want to add a subdomain to your account you have to email them with the request to add it, this process would take anywhere from 20 minutes to 48 hours.

6) PERL: with alot of perl scripts that I tried running I would often get Internal Server errors. When I emailed the support team about it, I would just get a reply that they don't assist in issues with 3rd party software.

7) Gaming servers: One of the services they announces after I was there for about a month was that they would do gaming server hosting. Inside the information page it said that users that ordered a gaming server would automatically get a business plan 3 hosting package. I was a member of the business plan 3 hosting package, when I emailed them about getting a gaming server they told me that they had had to send many emails out to people saying that they do not give gaming servers out to people who were on the business plan 3 hosting package.

On that same page it said that they would give away a free 15 minute demo of their gaming servers. I contacted them about it and I got a reply that they would be contacting me in less than 2 days about setting it up. After a week passed I sent them another email about the gaming server and how they never contacted me, They told me the same thing that they would email me in less than 2 days about it, 3 weeks passed and I still didn't get an email, I emailed them again and I got no reply.

There's my story with ionhosting, I am finally switching hosts this weekend, hopefully this one will be better.

Hmm, i wouldn't always choose the most cheapest and most well-known companies. Most cheaper companies are great, as long as their services are great. I'd advise looking at a few more companies - as you can find some slightly better service and deals. Good luck!

Originally posted by beautiful
    Hmm, i wouldn't always choose the most cheapest and most well-known companies. Most cheaper companies are great, as long as their services are great. I'd advise looking at a few more companies - as you can find some slightly better service and deals. Good luck!
    Hey mate..... have you had any expriences with the named companies, to find out if their customer support is good or not ? better watch out your words paul ! would you mind telling us your expriences with those hosts above, which did not meet your needs ?! so that might also help us to find a better better once.

my 2 centssss

I would certainly recommend that you do a search for "HostMatix.com" it may help you in making an informed decision

need your opinion/advice
    Thats all I gave, unbiased advice

Never one complaint against EnhancedHost. Gary and crew have been in the game for sooooooo long, they really know what they are doing.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.