Wink May i ask.......

what kind of "internet qualification"(other than a computer degree in university) should i get in order to fit the
    employment requirements of the employers in the internet field?

can you give me some advice?thanks.......

RE:

(i mean those jobs which enables us to work at home, such as "live support" for web-hosting)

Work with computers, putting them together, installing software, for a couple of years. Set up a server "just for fun". Create web-sites on a regular basis. Read as many magazines as possible. Stay on top of software and hardware news. Be a problem-solver in other areas as well, so you are used to trying to find the cause.

That is my opinion. A few classes in network-admin and such is also a plus. Sorry I don't have a job for you, but my web-hosting is in my mind olny at the moment.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

The best internet qualification is experience IMO! There are interesting courses you can do like the RHSE etc.. but as an employer - I would be looking for real world experience over qualifications.

Does that make sence?

RE:

as an "live support" employee, do i need to know the programming of CGI, PHP....MySQL......thoroughly..?

Not really but it does help to be able to configure them to work (e.g. chmod, editing php.ini)

and a very good knowlege of security is a must!