View Poll Results: How long does it take your provider to repairs or replace hardware?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • one day or less

10 76.92%
  • 2 days

1 7.69%
  • 3 days

0 0%
  • more than 3 days

2 15.38%

Server Hardware...?

How long does it take your provider to repairs or replace hardware problem?

Anything beyond one day is joke. For urgent issues like bad motherboard or hdd. It should be repalced immeidately.

Now do you mean correctly repair or just repair?
    argonblue.com | sales | 800.710.8004
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

I have a dual CPU with one of the servers and one of the CPU has been taken because of a problem and that was over a week ago and still waiting for it.

Well, replace does not take much time, but repairs.....god knows.... may be one hour or it may take more than 3-4 days.

Originally posted by floppy
    Well, replace does not take much time
    That is what I thought but more than a week and still .....!

Greetings:

2 hours or less.

The hardware for managed dedicated servers are actually replaced every three years (immediately if there are problems) at no additional charge.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

In my opinion, if a component dies in your server, it should be replaced within minutes. It should take a minute or two to get the server down/open, a few minutes to pull the old part and put in the new one, and a few minutes to put the server back up. That assumes there are engineers on staff, in the data center who work for your provider 24/7 who also actively monitor your server. Although I take this for granted as the norm, it may not be.

$0.02

Originally posted by BobFarmer
    In my opinion, if a component dies in your server, it should be replaced within minutes. It should take a minute or two to get the server down/open, a few minutes to pull the old part and put in the new one, and a few minutes to put the server back up.
    What about the time to figure out what the problem is. Unless there is visible damage to a part (maybe a smoking power supply?) it's going to take more that a minute or two to figureout wtf is going on. Diagnosing bad memory or a problem with the motherboard is not as simple as opening the case and looking at it (and if it is will someone please tell me how as it would save me some time ).

joe

Greetings:

"In my opinion, if a component dies in your server, it should be replaced within minutes. It should take a minute or two to get the server down/open, a few minutes to pull the old part and put in the new one, and a few minutes to put the server back up."

1. That's assuming it can be identified quickly as an equipment problem.

This also assumes they can identify the specific piece of hardware that went down.

2. That's assuming the staff has nothing to do but wait for equpiment to fail; and even more... that they are physically right next to the equipment.

Most reputable companies have 1.5 to 2 hour repair / replacement guarantees.

That's feasible... minutes... lol.

I have reported the CPU problem to them but was told it is not and later they admit it was the CPU which is causing all the problem.

They have support 24/7 and I must say they are excellent but when it comes to hardware ............?

Definitely no more than 24 hours, but a decent host would have the hardware on hand and replace it in within an hour or two depending on the problem.