google adwords help?

ok i would like to get on google ad words to get more customers

but it says maximum price per click and at 5.00 its only 3 clicks a day or somthing.

how come its so expensive per click?

i must be looking at all of this wrong.

Zac

Keyword Clicks / Day Average/ Cost-Per-Click (USD) Cost Day (USD) Average
    Position [?]

affordable webhosting 0.4 $1.96 $0.81 1.0 suggest keywords / delete
    cheap webhosting 3.8 $4.46 $16.92 1.2 suggest keywords / delete

Overall 4.2 $4.21 $17.72 1.2

Yes, google adwords is VERY expensive. That's one of the reasons why we've stopped using it.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

oh that stinks I definately not paying 5 bucks for a lousy 3 click throughs when most of the time people don't buy on thier first visit anyway

where else should I look to advertise?

Advertising is good for branding, but I doubt you'll get a positive return on your investment. Note the use of the word "investment" here.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Zac,

Google adwords is kind of like Overture - people bid on the keywords, so if there is a lot of competition then the price per click goes up. You were reading it correctly.
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

guess adwords is'nt for me

guess adwords is'nt for me
    All your choice. Just see if it fits into your pocket.

5 bucks isn't really that expensive when it comes to top placing on a popular search engine. It's about as targeted as you can get.

There is a much cheaper way to get the exact same google traffic - buy advertising on directories that are high on Google. HostIndex is high & WebHostDir is high for selected phrases. Tophosts is high on MSN only - but is pretty expensive I believe.

They get this exact same $5 per click traffic for free & then pass it on at a much lower effective cost per click. In addition - your ad will provide a much better branding opportunity than the tiny text ad found on google adwords.

Theoretically the traffic should be more targeted because it has been additionally qualified by whatever showcase you are listed in.

This of course still does not guarantee you will get a good return on your investment, especially if you have a site that doesn't convert traffic into sales, but it is a good starting point.
    There are so many hosting directories - many at a lower CPM - that can also be a good starting point - but it's anybodies guess how good their traffic is - the vast majority have no position on search engines - so chances are you'd be paying for junk.
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

We gave up on google adwords about 3 weeks after beginning using it, we received about 8 click throughs that got us nothing at all, and we were getting great positioning, first or second page of searches, it just burned up the money fast, and got us nothing in return, so bye bye google.
    David White
    Internet Business Planning, Dial Up ISP, Web Hosting & Design
    http://www.Best-XXX-Hosting.com

We decided to give google a whirl. We spent about $80 on google and received 81 clicks and 3 sign ups from it. This was over a 8 day period. We consider this to be a decent return for our investment, but it is very expensive and you will not make up the cost of your investment right away. However, you can received a return on your investment over several months.

Just my opinion based on our experience.
    http://www.PreciseHosting.com - Providing powerful web site hosting, e-commerce, and design solutions.
    Email: [email protected]
    Toll-Free: 888-408-4472