One short year ago the entire world felt the shock and tragedy that occurred in New York City. We sat speechless as we watched the horror unfolding on television. I still remember the numb feeling I felt when my wife called me in tears on my cell phone to tell me what she was witnessing on TV. When I got home, all I could do was stare, incredulously, at the screen. It didn't seem real. Unfortunately, it was all too real...

I live in Canada, USA's neighbor to the north. Although we are two separate countries, I feel an allegience to the US not unlike the bond between two brothers. Separate, yet as one. When the 9/11 attacks occured, I felt the pain. It was like someone had attacked my family. Anger, confusion, fear, sadness, a flurry of emotion for some time thereafter. It was too much to comprehend. How could this happen??

Although we carry on with our lives, day to day, bitching about the irrelevant things in life, let's all take a moment to honor all the victims of this senseless tragedy. Let's remember the people that were in the Twin Towers when the planes hit, the firefighters, the police officers, the EMS workers. Let's remember and pay tribute to all those who lost their lives in this horrific act of terrorism. And of course, let's all pay our respects to the families of those who perished. Undoubtedly, their pain has not subsided, and is certainly punctuated on this very sad one year anniversary.

We will never forget...

Vito