A September 11 tribute

One short year ago the entire world felt the shock and tragedy that occurred in New York City. We sat speechless as we watched the horror unfolding on television. I still remember the numb feeling I felt when my wife called me in tears on my cell phone to tell me what she was witnessing on TV. When I got home, all I could do was stare, incredulously, at the screen. It didn't seem real. Unfortunately, it was all too real...

I live in Canada, USA's neighbor to the north. Although we are two separate countries, I feel an allegience to the US not unlike the bond between two brothers. Separate, yet as one. When the 9/11 attacks occured, I felt the pain. It was like someone had attacked my family. Anger, confusion, fear, sadness, a flurry of emotion for some time thereafter. It was too much to comprehend. How could this happen??

Although we carry on with our lives, day to day, bitching about the irrelevant things in life, let's all take a moment to honor all the victims of this senseless tragedy. Let's remember the people that were in the Twin Towers when the planes hit, the firefighters, the police officers, the EMS workers. Let's remember and pay tribute to all those who lost their lives in this horrific act of terrorism. And of course, let's all pay our respects to the families of those who perished. Undoubtedly, their pain has not subsided, and is certainly punctuated on this very sad one year anniversary.

We will never forget...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Time is the best healer. We are trying to forget the incident but unable to forget it.

I remember when I first heard about it. I saw a picture in my head (hadn't seen it on the news yet) of a tiny cessna stuck in window on one of the top floors. When I saw the real thing I thought it was a hoax (like the mars-invation), but it was real. If you want trouble, poke a stick in a hornets nest! I thought I might be in danger, because I live in a neighbourhood with a lot of imigrants, mostly from the middle-east or other muslim countries. What p*ssed me off the most, was the dancing palestinians on the news, and the others talking about it was only fair to do something like that. It isn't fair, not to any country!.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Time has past very quickly.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

History Will Remember September 11th, 2001

It should be a history only. There should not any place like Ground Zero in future.

It was a horrible thing that happened, and I'm not trying to minimize it (I was quite shocked myself), but people should never forget that a lot more horrible things have happened in human history, and September 11th 2001 is one of those.

I only hope that people here will never forget what happened on August 6th and August 9th 1945.

I'm just watching the documentary about 9/11 now. My heart is heavy. I salute those firefighters and emergency workers who bravely gave their lives on that horrific day.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I'm just watching the documentary about 9/11 now. My heart is heavy. I salute those firefighters and emergency workers who bravely gave their lives on that horrific day.
    So many lost their lives whilst trying to save others…they are the heroes of 9/11.

It seems I fall into the same pattern as many others. I just noticed in my original post that I mentioned the NYC attack, but I did not refer to or pay tribute to those who lost their lives in Washington and Pennsylvania. I guess that's because, by comparison, the NYC tragedy was so much more in scale and proportion.

One has to wonder how the families of those who perished in Washington and PA feel when they keep hearing most people only make mention of NYC. All the victims of 9/11 should be remembered.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I think it's a valuable time to remember the events of 9-11, but to also remember the events that have occurred before and since. Tragic events that have affected families and nations across the years, and times such as these should remind everyone that we should look for things we have in common rather than things that serve to divide us as a people.

Whether it be religion, race, or lines on a map, if we all found a little more understanding, events such as this may not have happened in the past, and may not happen in the future.

Whatever happens in the future I hope it's not a world in which my child grows to know a world of hate and division.

If the world is fair, the people who commit acts of terror and violence will be punished, and the victims will find peace, for both themselves and their families.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

.posted by Bram

I only hope that people here will never forget what happened on August 6th and August 9th 1945.
    Do you mean Hiroshima and Nagasaki? I'm a little off when it comes to the exact dates, since I didn't live back then.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Well said, Greg.

Yes, it is very important to remember all other tragedies, before and after 9/11. But as with other events, I guess we are focusing on this one more now since it is its anniversary.

But your point is well taken.

Vito

Originally posted by reptilian-fe
    What p*ssed me off the most, was the dancing palestinians on the news, and the others talking about it was only fair to do something like that. It isn't fair, not to any country!.
    By the time people realized the tape had been recorded before 9/11, the damage was done. Innocent people got murdered, tormented, and were generally treated like they were less than farm animals. For a moment I thought all Arabs were going to be thrown in internment camps not unlike what the Japanese lived in during World War II. Considering the road we're taking, it's still a possibility, especially if some racist Congressmen are elected.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

The BBC coverage had been most appropriate for today as well. Anyone tuned in?

Watching the reading of the names, very emotional

the coverage of it has just finished here on the BBC, it was very emotional

Originally posted by reptilian-fe

Do you mean Hiroshima and Nagasaki? I'm a little off when it comes to the exact dates, since I didn't live back then.
    Yes, I certainly mean Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It's the best example of how you should not end violence.
    War doesn't solve a thing, it only hurts a lot of innocent people.

Our tribute:

http://www.andelon.com

This was produced the day of the tragedy. Since then, we have added the names of all victims at the end of the presentation.

Tastefully done, Charlie. A beautiful tribute.

Vito

Originally posted by vito
    Tastefully done, Charlie. A beautiful tribute.

Vito
    Absolutely

definitely a beautiful tribute

It certainly doesn't seem a year since the awful events of September 11th 2001. The most horrific thing to me and probably the bit I remember most was when the towers actually collapsed and the clouds of dust and smoke billowing through Manhattan. I don't think we will ever forget what happened that day, it changed the world forever and hopefully for the better.
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Here is a link to a great column that was mentioned on our local radio station.

http://www.freep.com/news/metro/mitch11_20020911.htm

Thumbs up

The fight against terrism lives on. We shall not be intimidated. God Bless.

From a fellow New Yorker. God bless each and everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with the families who have been dealt such great losses.

God Bless America!

Being a Volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician and running a web hosting company, this past year has had it's moments. My heart goes out to all of those who lost someone on that September day. Seeing the tributes and interviews on TV today brought back some of those memories of waking up and seeing the horror that had occured. God Bless America and God Bless the Web Hosting Industry. Through these trials, we shall grow stronger!

I saw the coverage of it on BBC. I am surprised the US army is still in Afghanistan!!!

Originally posted by OldOne
    I saw the coverage of it on BBC. I am surprised the US army is still in Afghanistan!!!
    I've heard stuff about the US just attacking Afghanistan so Unocal (an oil company) could build a pipeline from Pakistan that goes over Afghanistan. Not sure how much that's true though.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

i just wish to add that im sure those that were lost in the tragedy would want you to feel some joy for the time that you all shared in the midst of the sorrow. sadness is natural but its wise to also celebrate their lives so as not to get lost in grief.
    my heart goes out to those that lost people, the world felt your suffering and was deeply moved. justice will be done.
    --
    Rich