Hostpacket Customer Services

I have thrown in the Towel, I will no longer be doing customer support at Hostpacket.net. I am unable to get Kevin to comply with my e-mails or requests.

Please note that martin@hostpacket.net and newbie on the ::EDIT:: Hostpacket ::/EDIT message boards dated on or after September 7, 2002 is no longer me. I cannot control the use of either of these accounts.

Customers requesting a refund, I do not know where Kevin stands as he refuses to let me know the status of each request submitted.I have inquired on numerous occasions about each refund requests status.

Customers with current outages, I worked your issues to the best of my ability and requested assistance with your accounts to restore services. Kevin was unable to deliver on all requests, thus some clients are still without services.

Customers who's services I have restored, I am glad I was able to help you.

Servers are on the blink still. While some problems have been corrected there are still more issues that need to be resolved.

I have left the company without pay, nor am I going to pursue the issue.

If you feel as though you are not getting the services you have signed up for please contact the Federal Trade Commission and or your States Attorney General.

I will not respond to any messages posted to this thread, this is for everyone's information and I have talked with chicken about posting this thread should this issue come to a head.

I will not disappear from WHT and can be reached by pm and e-mail.

Thank you,
    Martin
    Last edited by Newbie; 09-07-2002 at 02:26 AM.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww it's broke

Thanks

Thanks Martin, as an ex Hostpacket customer I watched you come onto the scene with great vigor to try and fix the problems (overwhelming no doubt) that hostpacket had experienced, this was always going to be a tough job.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that Kevin has his head so far up his arse he can't see the trees for the woods, his business won't make October and he can't work out why.

He's an amateur, he's a liar and he deserves everything he gets from these forums.

Thanks once again - I'm sure you helped out alot of people and no doubt they appreciate it.

Matt

edit : spelling
    Last edited by synergymax; 09-07-2002 at 11:36 PM.

Martin, we can ban this current username and get you another account. I'm sure if you post a request for a job in the Job Forum, you'll get picked up soon. Cheers, and best wishes..
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Originally posted by Chicken
    Martin, we can ban this current username and get you another account. I'm sure if you post a request for a job in the Job Forum, you'll get picked up soon. Cheers, and best wishes..
    Sorry Chicken, I should have been a little more clear. I have edited the message.

No one has access to my account password here. This was in reference to Hostpacket message boards.

I might post a request some time but I am worn out for atleast a couple days, I'm going fishing to relax and get away this weekend.

Martin -- it was very noble of you to try and help Hostpacket's customers out while they were left in the dark. Sorry things didn't work out and good luck in your future ventures
    Jeremy » jeremy@frontdrive.com
    Front Drive » Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Thumbs up

Good move Martin, and best of luck in the future.

Well crap!
    Finally got someone in there that seemed to know what
    he's doing, and now HE leaves!
    Well, that does it for me, I think.
    I can not TELL you how TIRED I am of trying to find
    a friggin' HOST!
    First Cyberwings
    Then thecartcompany
    Now HOSTPACKET?!!?
    Yeah, I know, I know -- "You get what you pay for"
    but CRAP - it's just a stupid personal site at the moment...
    I mean I'm just learning this stuff...don't have a fortune to
    pay for something that won't earn any money back!
    Does ANYBODY have any business ethics anymore???
    Well, I'm gonna go see if I can get my dang credit card
    charged back...I'll be back looking for ANOTHER host!
    CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Originally posted by Chicken
    Yep, I watched you try to calm the raging storm. Tough job given the owner's attitude etc. I don't think Hostpacket will be picking up any more accounts from WHT again.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by bags
    Does ANYBODY have any business ethics anymore???
    Plenty do mate. You just need to look around. You've had a bad trot though.

Cheers

Gary

Holy Cow!

So I guess I'm most likely up the creek with getting back 10 months of my yearly prepay, huh?

This just sucks. Plain and simple. And the guy was so nice to begin with. Man....sucks-sucks-sucks.

Gee Martin,

I'm really sorry to hear how things worked out.

Kevin only had ONE CHANCE left in this entire universe to reverse his well-known reputation as a fraud and a con-man.

And that chance was YOU, the one breath of fresh air that I thought may blow the stench away from Hostpacket's rotting corporate corpse. But now he's SCREWED YOU TOO. By doing that, our friend con-man Kevin has TOTALLY BLOWN IT AGAIN, but this time he's blown it FOR KEEPS.

It doesn't surprise me that Kevin would refuse to pay you, and rip you off. After all, he's treated all his customers the same way.

But this really HITS ME HARD IN THE GUTS. I'm not kidding Man. I feel for you Martin, and I'm sure all Hostpacket customers and WHT users would share my sentiments.

You went in there to work hard, with the best of intentions, trying to clean up Hostpacket, doing your utmost to restore its shredded credibility, and THIS IS THE THANKS you get for it ??

Now that little #@$^%&% Kevin won't even pay you ??

It was one thing when he screwed the customers. That was bad. But screwing his sole hard-working employee as well ?? That's just way to much.

Folks, Kevin HAS GOT TO PAY, AND PAY DEARLY for this.

ALL HOSTPACKET CUSTOMERS - STOP PROCRASTIONATING and INITIATE YOUR CHARGE-BACK NOW !! For Christ's sake, if you won't do it for yourself, DO IT FOR MARTIN - the guy didn't deserve to get SCREWED BY KEVIN TOO.

And as Martin also encourages, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and your States Attorney General.

Even that doesn't seem punishment enough for this con-man.

Anyone, you reckon it's worth contacting Immigration and letting them know what a fraud and con-man he is ?? Perhaps he's still only on a Temporary / Probation - style Visa. This guy DOESN'T DESERVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE IN CANADA.

If he wants Canada to accept him as one of their own, he has a MORAL OBLIGATION to conduct himself ethically, in accordance with the accepted standards of behavior and integrity in Canada.

Instead, Kevin has decided to "thumb his nose" at the accepted coventions of Canadian and U.S. society. He's "mooning" us all, and he doesn't give a damn about it.

He has NO REGARD WHATSOEVER for the accepted standards of behaviour and integrity in his newly adopted country of Canada.

He therefore DOESN'T DESERVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE IN CANADA.

Does anyone have any contacts in Immigration, who we can report this con-man to, and hopefully have his Visa revoked ??

And to finish, once again Martin, my condolences. You didn't deserve to get treated like that. You'll have NO PROBLEM picking up another job Mate ... your hard-working attitude, honesty, personal integrity and business ethics are BEYOND QUESTION. I'm sure everyone agrees with that.

All & Sundry,

This threat is dedicated to redressing Martin's financial loss at the expense of Kevin, as well as addressing the financial loss of Hostpacket customers.

Everyone, please keep this thread ON THIS TOPIC, and keep your posts purposeful and sincere.

Please don't use this thread for posting jokes or anything like that, because we DON'T want to get the thread off-topic.

We don't want to forgret the purpose of this thread. If anyone needs any reminding, just read Martin's initial post again.

And Chicken, please don't close this thread prematurely. Martin deserves better than that. He's been screwed by Kevin, and he deserves the opportunity to inform everyone about this.

KEVIN you DUMBASS!
    where the hell are you? Martin was doing a hell of a job fixing up your mess...i really thought things were getting back to normal...
    you just FU*Ked up your last chance...

Thanks Martin for all your help. I appreciated your professionalism

I'm currently waiting for a HP refund, have a promise by Kevin on paper, but that's just enough proof for a chargeback for me....

As for US-based FTC complaints:

the site is http://www.econsumer.gov/english/filecomplaint.htm for e-based business complaints (like HP).

and the Better Business Bureau is:
    http://www.bbb.org/

(they take complaints for Canada-based biz also )

For those who need the info to charge a complaint:

HostPacket LLC
    106 Continental Blvd
    Toronto, ON Canada M5B 2P4
    (650)745-2496
    www.hostpacket.net
    (mind you, the phone number is in the Bay area of California...)

The bureau that will handle your complaint is:

BBB of Mid-Western Ontario
    354 Charles Street East
    Kitchener, ON N2G -4L5
    Phone: (519)579-3080
    Fax: (519)570-0072
    Email: complaint@bbbmwo.ca
    WWW: http://www.bbbmwo.ca

Took me 15 minutes to fill out their online form and voila, I urge all HOSTPACKET customers who feel that they deserved better support and services to file a complaint.

Originally posted by skooge
    I urge all HOSTPACKET customers who feel that they deserved better support and services to file a complaint.
    I have lodged mine !!
    Cryptonomicon
    --------------------

This post may sound unusual from me, as everyone knows I have been rather belligerent regarding Hostpacket and their failed services.

BUT even though everyone that is a customer of Hostpacket knows that Martin aka newbie worked for Hostpacket - Kevin. No one knows what transpired between Kevin and Martin.

We only have Martin's word for why he is leaving. As a recent manager of a $10 mil a year business with many employees, when word would come back to me as to why they were no longer employed with our company, I was often amused by the employee’s version. I would like to hear what Kevin has to say.

We know Martin was trying, but if you read the tone of his posts on Hostpacket's forum, there is almost a tone that Martin was running the show, and that Martin was going to be the hero, and that Martin was going to fix everything. There is even one thread where Martin argues with a customer who asked very clear questions, and Martin ignored the questions to attack the customer. Finally in the 3rd reply Martin partially answers the questions and still comes back with smart-alec remarks.

To be specific Martin's tone was very poor for a customer service rep. Using "" I "" in place of the "company" or our "team" is very dangerous. Guess what Martin didn't last 5 days. Now Martin is gone, and Hostpacket is back to no support.

I'm not trying to let Kevin off the hook, I'm not trying to say Martin did a bad job. But these are observations that are accurate in "my humble opinion".

Kevin has some serious problems because he is a recent Asian immigrant from Hong Kong. His thinking is not western business professional type thinking, but one thing is for sure. He isn't running, he could just as easily closed down Hostpacket and start again. There may be too many holes in his ship, and no matter what his ship will sink, I don't know.

I am still a current customer. I don't want to see Hostpacket go down. I want the services I paid for. Right now everything works for me, except I know if I had a customer support issue, I wouldn’t be getting any
    customer support. I think Kevin is smart enough he can’t continue this way, and I would guess he will fix
    the customer support issues…..

Then again, we are talking about Kevin…… who knows……

As for Martin…… Good Luck, Learn from your mistakes, make use of your positive and negative experience.

Originally posted by yocalif
    This post may sound unusual from me, as everyone knows I have been rather belligerent regarding Hostpacket and their failed services ... No one knows what transpired between Kevin and Martin ... We only have Martin's word for why he is leaving. ... I would like to hear what Kevin has to say. ... Guess what Martin didn't last 5 days. Now Martin is gone, and Hostpacket is back to no support. ...
    Yes, agreed, it's always nice to hear both sides of the story.

The problem is, Kevin's been MISSING IN ACTION from for quite a while now.

Kevin, if you'd care to COME OUT OF HIDING temporarily, do you have a response to Martin's departure from Hostpacket ?

By the way Yocalif, remember that Martin is not the first of Kevin's employees to walk out because they'd "had enough" of his antics.

Kevin's previous tech. support staff member (remember Adam ?) also quit Hostpacket. Adam departed about 11 days ago.

So Kevin's track record as a boss is looking fairly poor. First Adam departed, and now Martin as well.

Adam, if you're out there, we'd also like to hear YOUR acocunt of events as to why you departed Hostpacket.

Also Yocalif, I have to say I found Martin's posts to be honest, with a sincere tone that he was "trying his best" to help.

My impression is that Martin got "fed up" because Kevin is a fraud, and refuses to adopt any measure of business ethics.

No matter how hard he tried, Martin could NOT persuade Kevin to honor his claimed 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.

Kevin remains a FRAUD for failing to honor this 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Nor has he honored his other guarantees either (99.9% Uptime Guarantee; Daily Backups).

And I think that's the reason Martin left. He left out of frustration, as he couldn't justify working for a fraud and a con-man.

Martin tried to change Kevin's attitude, he tried to teach him some business ethics. But he couldn't do that, as Kevin is a fraud through-and-through; he's a leopard who won't change his spots.

Do you really blame Martin for leaving, in those circumstances ??

Kevin,

If you'd rather STAY IN HIDING, than feel free to reply using your latest alter-ego "Ronald".

By the way, where did you think up the name "Ronald" ?

Did you get that from Ronald Mc.Donald ?

I feel I should mention something here. Ronald is not Kevin and Ronald lives in Singapore.

Originally posted by Newbie
    I feel I should mention something here. Ronald is not Kevin and Ronald lives in Singapore.
    Martin, thanks for confirming the existance of Ronald.

OK then Kevin, remaining IN HIDING if you like.

But at least ask someone to reply on your behalf.

You can ask the CONFIRMED REAL-LIFE SINGAPOREAN RONALD to do this for you.

We want to hear why Adam departed, and now why Martin's also departed.

What's happening there ?

guys guys guys.....

instead of taking the soap opera approach to the problem like women do, why not go straight to the problem? Kevin's got our money. Either do a chargeback or knock on his door Anyone knows where he lives??

Originally posted by _marc__2
    guys guys guys.....

instead of taking the soap opera approach to the problem like women do, why not go straight to the problem? Kevin's got our money. Either do a chargeback or knock on his door Anyone knows where he lives??
    IANAL but I wonder if you can really do that... If someone goes to your house and your place of business was the inet, can you legally go knocking on their door without them calling the cops and saying trespassing or harrasement?

I would like to know, and if anyone does go "knocking on doors" I would like to know how it turns out!
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    http://www.bluedoghosting.com
    "Your new best friend!"

Would like to add my 2 cents to this. I am still with hostpacket as well. I was hoping that Martin could help make things better. And that perhaps Kevin was trying to right the ship by hiring some worthy customer reps.

But perhaps Martin or somebody could correct me if i'm wrong...but it seems to me as if Martin has never met nor seen Kevin and the only interaction between the two was through email. Therefore, with this whole thing going down I don't know how Martin could have ever expected to get paid. That would be the only reason he would accept not getting paid. I know I would never do work and not get paid. I'm sure that's the same for most people on this board.

Apparently Martin was getting a great deal of Kevin's problem email forwarded to him. How can you perform true customer support when you are not really in the trenches? What kind of customer support can Ronald give when he is located in Singapore??

If I remember right, Kevin supposedly came onto the forum looking to hire help from anyone and anywhere. And he recently posted on the hostpacket forum that he is looking now for real in person help as opposed to "internet" help.

All in all it would have been nice to see Martin last because he was still A LOT more help than kevin has been.

It's good that HP have taken corrective action on time. There was a lot of furore about them.