hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : online Backup with own servers

Forum Jump

online Backup with own servers

Reply Post New Thread In Specialty Hosting and Markets Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 01:13 PM
alistairphillips

Hi
I am looking for some software, ideally open source to manage and handle online backups to my servers from my clients machine
I have had a look around google etc but only seem to find the companies offering the backup service not the software to make it run.
The software should manage all the space limits etc
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Check out R1Soft.com and commvault. R1Soft is very popular, you will see their add displayed here. My servers at Rackspace use commvault, and that seems to work well too. For my servers that are not w/ Rackspace I use SSH scripts to dump DB's and rsync files.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:36 AM
alistairphillips

Check out R1Soft.com and commvault. R1Soft is very popular, you will see their add displayed here. My servers at Rackspace use commvault, and that seems to work well too. For my servers that are not w/ Rackspace I use SSH scripts to dump DB's and rsync files.
Sorry i think my post wasnt clear, i want to offer a system where by my clients can backup files from there computers(a mixture of home and business users) to my servers. I want to be able to charge them per GB of space they use to back up.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Junior Guru

One company that offers this is BackupAgent. I will say that I submited a query about a month ago to their sales department and got no response.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
alistairphillips

One company that offers this is BackupAgent. I will say that I submited a query about a month ago to their sales department and got no response.
Yeah thanks i sent them one as well .... looks just like i want ..... maybe they will bother to try and sell it to me ...

Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
alistairphillips

Yeah thanks i sent them one as well .... looks just like i want ..... maybe they will bother to try and sell it to me ...
I have had a response from one guy ( i googled for some of there email addresses .) However there prices are looking the same as if i were to have a system designed myself to do the job
If anybody wants the Contact details pm me,
Are there any other cheaper systems around?

Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Junior Guru

I have had a response from one guy ( i googled for some of there email addresses .) However there prices are looking the same as if i were to have a system designed myself to do the job
If anybody wants the Contact details pm me,
Are there any other cheaper systems around?
Ok, thanks for posting that you got a response. I'll send you a PM to get the contact details so I can see the pricing.
Edit: Looks like I can't PM you because you don't have enought posts yet.
Thanks,

Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Junior Guru

Yep - tried to send an email too, but can't, so I'll post it here:
www.edatashield.com - I know they were using some sort of system that ran on both the home and servers. They are pretty much out of the business with that software but still have the software and licenses, so you may want to contact them. Now they only do the website backups from what I understand.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I use Ahsay. http://ahsay.com.
I've been really happy so far. They have a fully functional demo you can download and try.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Web Hosting Master

Try HTBSoftware. They are pretty good and are creating a huge portfolio of scripts. They recently posted here:http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=737141 with a backup script that provides the ability to backup PC and CPANEL servers.
Interesting enough there is a self hosted version and a remote hosted version where they host it for you but its private label - your logo, etc.
Works great, try it.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Out there beyond the Wall.

I manage a ton of Windows boxes and we just use the windows backup utility on a sheduled task then have a ftp.bat job on a sheduled task as well that copies to another directory and then uploads to a offsite FTP.
Fairly simple to use and no added costs, just a few minutes to set it up per box.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Web Development

Interesting enough there is a self hosted version and a remote hosted version where they host it for you but its private label - your logo, etc.
enotchnet very soon on that

Old 11-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I use both
http://www.ahsay.com
http://www.vembu.com

Old 11-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Corporate Member

Sorry i think my post wasnt clear, i want to offer a system where by my clients can backup files from there computers(a mixture of home and business users) to my servers. I want to be able to charge them per GB of space they use to back up.
R1Soft does that.. Or if you want open source, you can try Rsync, quite popular also

Old 11-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Disabled

I use htbsoftware.com/storage.php the new version much better now try it

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
PTisp Listing 2014-04-19 23:30:10
j2Global Acquires Dutch Cloud Provider Backup Connect Web Hosting News 2013-04-18 12:32:02
SherWeb Introduces Cloud Backup Plans for Businesses with Multiple Servers Web Hosting News 2012-05-15 16:13:32
Cloud City Hosting Integrates Backup with Cloud Hosting Plans Web Hosting News 2012-05-11 16:21:19
R1Soft Launches Cloud Backup Software for Web Hosting Companies Web Hosting News 2012-04-24 11:45:03