All your domains in one registrar?

Was wondering if it was a bad idea to put all my domains in one registrar?

I've registered several domains over the years, and they're currently scattered over 4-5 registrars. Of late, I've been quite comfortable with namecheap, and was considering moving all my domains there.

Is this a bad idea? Akin to putting all your eggs in one basket? Or does it really not matter at all?

Was also wondering, what other registrar out there requires email verification for changing any items in the domain (push, Nameservers, contact info)? I've only seen this feature on register.com, and must say it seems useful, although abit troublesome...

Re: All your domains in one registrar?

Originally posted by slowmail
    Was wondering if it was a bad idea to put all my domains in one registrar?

I've registered several domains over the years, and they're currently scattered over 4-5 registrars. Of late, I've been quite comfortable with namecheap, and was considering moving all my domains there.

Is this a bad idea? Akin to putting all your eggs in one basket? Or does it really not matter at all?

Was also wondering, what other registrar out there requires email verification for changing any items in the domain (push, Nameservers, contact info)? I've only seen this feature on register.com, and must say it seems useful, although abit troublesome...
    The advantage of one registrar is to maintain your domains easily. One account manage all domains. Ofcourse there is disadvantage too, one security breach gone all. Though you will be able to get it back but a lot of hassle. I guess maintenance of your domain name with at least 2 registrar would be safe. I do maintain my domains in two big registry, that makes them safe.

Hope this help.
    WirelessCon.Com BlackHat.INFO Business.NU

I've currently got about 35 domains with Dotster and will continue to use them because of the easy control panel to change settings and such. I've never had to use their support over the past 3 years I've used them.

I can see why using just 1 registrar would be a bad idea, but it almost seems worth it for not having to mess with multiple companies.
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

Originally posted by WebmastTroy
    I've currently got about 35 domains with Dotster and will continue to use them because of the easy control panel to change settings and such. I've never had to use their support over the past 3 years I've used them.

I can see why using just 1 registrar would be a bad idea, but it almost seems worth it for not having to mess with multiple companies.
    I guess everyone have different idea about this one too. I respect your opinion.

It really is a good idea - but I will never do it

I use three companies to register my domains Godaddy, Namecheap and UKReg All of my domains excluding .co.uk are evenly registered between Godaddy and Namecheap (50:50 Split). All of my .co.uk domains are registered with UKReg. I can see if you had a lot of domains of how it would be easier to have all of them registered under one roof so to speak. But as they say never put your eggs in one basket

Originally posted by imitech
    I use three companies to register my domains Godaddy, Namecheap and UKReg All of my domains excluding .co.uk are evenly registered between Godaddy and Namecheap (50:50 Split). All of my .co.uk domains are registered with UKReg. I can see if you had a lot of domains of how it would be easier to have all of them registered under one roof so to speak. But as they say never put your eggs in one basket
    you must be a busy man

Originally posted by TheWatcher2

you must be a busy man
    lol it does feel like it at times

Originally posted by imitech
    lol it does feel like it at times
    I must admit, same with me

I have mine all in one registrar's account with Godaddy, and I am of the same opinion as the guy above - it's a security risk having everything all in one account (I would hate to have someone get into the account and release some domains or change NS info), but having all domains in one control panel is so nice and easy to manage. I hear there are better interfaces than Godaddy too.

-Wc-

I used to register them all over the place after I bought them due to the transfer fee at Go Daddy. Now that they have made it reasonable I have moved 50 of the 65 I have to them.

I like having them in one place.