Change of Hosting provider

I plan to change my hosting provider but one is using Cpanel and the other is using ensim. Will that be a problem when I change a provider?

Besides, I am using PhpNuke. Any way to transfer all my forum data to the new provider?

Re: Change of Hosting provider

Originally posted by Hugoduke
    I plan to change my hosting provider but one is using Cpanel and the other is using ensim. Will that be a problem when I change a provider?

Besides, I am using PhpNuke. Any way to transfer all my forum data to the new provider?
    There is no problem from changing your management console. All you have to make sure if your site will run to your new web hosting server.

I guess phpnuke is not an issue. I maintained some clients using phpnuke and postnuke they came from different providers.

Hope this help.
    WirelessCon.Com BlackHat.INFO Business.NU

Re: Change of Hosting provider

Originally posted by Hugoduke

No problem at all, even w/o control panel your site is still ok. To transfer phpNuke, it'd be easy if you have shell access to both account.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

err .. phpNuke has an option for Backup DB i am sure . so that should n't be a problem i guess
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

phpmyadmin will probably be necessary for backing up and restoring the database to the other server. SSH is not always offered.

Yeah PHPMYADMIN will allow you to make dumps of the DB ... you can choose the tables you want particulraly as well with that .
    I am sure all nuke tables are with same prefix .
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

Changing on Cpanel to Ensim changes only view for your customer, you need to find something to tell them, ex. Updating or something.

For PHP nuke you'll have to backup your DBs, PHPMyAdmin can help you, With PHPMyAdmin you can save your datase and database trees.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Ghost of the Forum
    -----------------------------------------------

So sorry, I have no idea how to use Myphpadmin. Can someone guide me?

I can only dump the database after installing myphpadmin?

Regards