Does Ping time is important factor in how fast the server? if yes, how significant?

I have ping a fews ip address and domain name, and the result vary from 40ms to 120ms. I would like to know the significant of these number.

Thanks.
    MOE MONEY -- YEAHHHHHHHH
    email: tquach@3gelectronics.com
    Web: www.3gelectronics.com

Is it important, yes. That is a good ping time. Of course that is also dependent on where you are located. If you are hosted in another contry, a slower ping time can still be ok. What you need to take into account is location.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

I would say ping time is not that important. Ping, in most cases, is just a measure of distance. If you are in the east coast, your ping time to a west-coast server may considerably be higher than your ping time to an east-coast server. Traceroute together with ping and download speed test will tell you a great deal more story about a network than just a mere ping. Also, use ping plotter to continuosly monitor/ping a network for days to see the network's performance during those days (peak hours, etc)

Good luck
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

You have to also consider your connection that you are using and its efficiency. If you are experiencing problems or whatever on your end it will be misleading.

I have cable modem, even at peak time, its still fast enough to test the upload speed of the other end. I will give the ping-plotter a try. Thanks.
    MOE MONEY -- YEAHHHHHHHH
    email: tquach@3gelectronics.com
    Web: www.3gelectronics.com

Also as a reference, try comparing your pings to another domain.

Example, i just pinged a host, and it turned out slow. I then pinged yahoo and it also appeared slow, therefore i deduce that it is my connection

Why not ping it online with Visualware. They have test sites in the US, Asia and Europe.