Thread: how much?

how much?

How much could a trusty, enom reseller get me a domain for. I've seen prices everywhere, and they range from $6 a year to $30 a year. How do I know what is best for me, and where I'm really getting a good deal? I need a place that I can register nameservers too. Any advice would be great. I'm just trying to go about the cheapest, but best way to get a .com for my new website..

-ryan

Forgot to mention, I've been told buying a domain from a enom reseller is a good thing. Is that true? What if they stop reselling? Where does my domain go? Thanks.

-ryan

Ryan, you cannot register domain for $6 as all registrars have to pay ICANN $6 for each domain, but you can get one for around $8.5 from Enom's resellers. I can't say it's good or bad but if your registrar (Enom's reseller) stops reselling I think you can manage your domain with Enom directly. BTW you can manage your domain through access.enom.com, you don't have to use your registrar
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

Originally posted by NetworksData
    Ryan, you cannot register domain for $6 as all registrars have to pay ICANN $6 for each domain, but you can get one for around $8.5 from Enom's resellers. I can't say it's good or bad but if your registrar (Enom's reseller) stops reselling I think you can manage your domain with Enom directly. BTW you can manage your domain through access.enom.com, you don't have to use your registrar
    I second NetworkData explaination. You can get as low as 8.75/year and as high as $35. If you are enom reseller, you can actually logon to the main page www.enom.com just in case your reseller failed to provide service to you.
    WirelessCon.Com BlackHat.INFO Business.NU