hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Web Hosting Related Offers : Shared web hosting business for sale: very loyal clients!

Forum Jump

Shared web hosting business for sale: very loyal clients!

Reply Post New Thread In Other Web Hosting Related Offers Subscription
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 02:31 PM
host to buy

Dear all,
I am looking to sell my web hosting business. The business started as a reseller account to host my web development clients in 2002. The sale includes:
- The clients.
- 1 DirectAdmin life-time license.
- 2 domain names using the business' brand name.
- The logo.
- Our very effective time-tested anti-spam configuration.
The current website is not included in the sale as it contains a beta accounting system written in-house in PHP. The system is not yet ready for production use so I plan to finish it for sale separately, however serious offers for the software would be considered.
There are 18 clients, all paying via PayPal:
17 shared hosting (1 using PHP5)
1 reseller account
Annual Revenue
Shared hosting accounts: $1,385.95
Domain name registrations/renewals: $1,481.80
Total annual revenue: $2,867.75 USD
Annual Expenses
Domain name renewals and registrations: $698.13
Main shared hosting VPS server: $573.60
Backup MX/DNS VPS: $180.00
Total annual expenses: $1,451.73 USD
We have 144 domain names registered for our clients:
[requested edit (post #11) begins]
- 86 of these are paid at $11.95/year
- 12 of these are free domain names included with the hosting accounts; each account includes one free domain renewal annually.
- The remaining 46 are registered elsewhere.
[end]
I've worked very hard on this business to ensure a high quality service; the last customer survey I took showed very high customer satisfaction and I've received some great testimonials over the years. Customer renewal retention is approximately 80%; I still host the first sign-up.
I'm looking for serious offers that will provide a good home for loyal clients; starting bid is $1,000 USD. I'll accept PayPal or IBAN bank transfer, in which case fees would be paid by the buyer. The closing date for this auction is: November 14th 2008 at 23:59 GMT
Please post your bid and feel free to PM me with your questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond whats printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Web Hosting Master

We will start the bidding off at $1500

Old 10-30-2008, 05:37 PM

pm has been sent

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

Any response from the OP? I have heard nothing as of yet.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 AM
& Goliath

Any response from the OP? I have heard nothing as of yet.
It's been four hours!
Relax. And what's he supposed to respond to a bid anyways, the auction ends on the 14th.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hi David
It's actually been 10 hours. But I understand. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:35 AM
The Guru!

I bid $1550
Payment via paypal.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:14 AM

Who do you use for domain registration?
Is ownership of that reseller account an option?
Are all of these clients on direct admin?

Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hello: I am very interested but unable to PM. Please email me at Michael **@** Webresultsinc.com as I would like some more info. Regards.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:17 PM
host to buy

Enom is the domain registrar for all client domains; the Enom reseller account is included in the sale. If you already have an account, the names can easily be pushed through to your existing account.
All clients are hosted on DirectAdmin.
Many thanks for your interest,
Matt

Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
host to buy

I'm afraid I made a mistake in the original ad regarding the number of domain names I have registered for my clients. The ad should read:
We have 144 domain names hosted for our clients:
- 12 of these are free domain names included with the hosting accounts; each account includes one free domain renewal annually.
I've asked the moderators to update the original post to reflect this. Many apologies for the confusion, I hope this doesn't affect the existing bids.
I'm about to send out additional information to those who have requested it.
Best regards,
Matt

Old 11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Will Host for Food

just to confirm - thats ...
144 *hosted* accounts and
98 *registrations* of which 12 are provided free ?
where are the VPS and backup MX services sourced from ?

Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
host to buy

Rob - there 18 web hosting accounts; the 144 refers to the number of domain names hosted on those 18 accounts. There are 98 domain names registered in total, 12 of which are provided free with free annual renewal.
Both VPSes are hosted with Tektonic; one in Atlanta (Gnax) and the other in Texas (ThePlanet). Please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify further.
Best regards,
Matt

Old 11-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Will Host for Food

Thanks for the additional details. Othello Technology Systems Ltd are prepared to offer $1800 for your business as detailled in thread 732900.
We would leave the existing clients on the same or better packages, at the same prices, bt migrate them to our own DirectAdmin servers.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 PM

We will pay 1500. Will that work?
Dear all,
I am looking to sell my web hosting business. The business started as a reseller account to host my web development clients in 2002. The sale includes:
- The clients.
- 1 DirectAdmin life-time license.
- 2 domain names using the business' brand name.
- The logo.
- Our very effective time-tested anti-spam configuration.
The current website is not included in the sale as it contains a beta accounting system written in-house in PHP. The system is not yet ready for production use so I plan to finish it for sale separately, however serious offers for the software would be considered.
There are 18 clients, all paying via PayPal:
17 shared hosting (1 using PHP5)
1 reseller account
Annual Revenue
Shared hosting accounts: $1,385.95
Domain name registrations/renewals: $1,481.80
Total annual revenue: $2,867.75 USD
Annual Expenses
Domain name renewals and registrations: $698.13
Main shared hosting VPS server: $573.60
Backup MX/DNS VPS: $180.00
Total annual expenses: $1,451.73 USD
We have 144 domain names registered for our clients:
[requested edit (post #11) begins]
[end]
I've worked very hard on this business to ensure a high quality service; the last customer survey I took showed very high customer satisfaction and I've received some great testimonials over the years. Customer renewal retention is approximately 80%; I still host the first sign-up.
I'm looking for serious offers that will provide a good home for loyal clients; starting bid is $1,000 USD. I'll accept PayPal or IBAN bank transfer, in which case fees would be paid by the buyer. The closing date for this auction is: November 14th 2008 at 23:59 GMT
Please post your bid and feel free to PM me with your questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - August 23, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-08-23 15:30:38
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 16, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-08-16 16:36:55
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - April 19, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-04-19 16:37:44
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – Friday, November 23, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-11-23 17:32:22
Web Hosting Domain Name Webhosting.co.uk Sold for $500,000 by Sedo Web Hosting News 2012-11-09 09:51:25