Why not more imap and SSL hosts?

Why don't more hosts offer SSL email or Imap email?

jsut wondering, 99% of the time you just see pop3 supported.

are there reasons?

Seth

Don't worry. The newest version of WHM/Cpanel supports IMAP and I don't think there is any problem if you connect to your mail box using SSL.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

my host uses hsphere though

So it's your host not more hosts
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

Most hosts using CPanel do support IMAP, some just do not state it, us being one of those hosts. We support IMAP, although we do not state it (yet) on the features page (yes, I need to update things ).

Just a matter of which host you choose to go with as to who does and does not support it, although as said, *most* hosts using CPanel will/do support it.

It's much easier to market SMTP/POP services to clients as most of them have experienced that before. Very few hostees know what IMAP is and as such it's not really a front page selling item.

Ask your host. We don't promote IMAP on our front page but'll set it up for clients who request it which I'm sure your provider is capable of doing.

Sincerely,

-Matt

Originally posted by setherd
    my host uses hsphere though
    Usually you Imap comes with H-Sphere.

You should contact to your host.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore