Thread: 2 questions....

2 questions....

Im not really sure what to do,

I got an offer for a managed dedicated server, 100gb bw included, for $200 per month, to run my own webhost on.

I get the bandwidth for $1.25/gb, and i use alot my self for my different projects.

i will be able to give pretty competative prices, but obviously not the lowest, but im not sure if this is what i want.

Should i go for it? or should i get a reseller account and just sell virtual accounts for someone else? and i guess, the prices wont be as low, as i can set with this dedicated server.

If YOU advice me NOT to get the dedicated server, please tell me what reseller you would recommend me to look at.

Second question, for a small webhost what control panel is the best to get? when looking at price...

thank you!

If you don't experience with server management (yes I noticed the managed server part ) or running a business, a reseller plan is the way to go. It gives you less stress as you focus on building a client base.

There are several good hosts that offer reseller oportunities. Conact the ones you're interested in. Take notes.

As for which control panel; well there's plenty of opinions on that. Personally, I don't think it matters a whole lot. What matters more is how you take care of your customers.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.