Just looking right now how many server admins there is for Solaris.
    What do I need exact right now I couldn't tell you completely however I would really like to start investigating further into companies who do offer Solaris per hour admin time and so on.
    Solaris is needed due to their ZFS file system and RAID-Z features.

Freebsd has zfs/raid-z features..
    http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFS

Some people have issues with ZFS under FreeBSD.

Yeah I noticed FreeBSD..however I don't know how it will be in the long run you know. I don't mind unless the things I need will run on it and since ZFS filesystem is so important problems are no bueno.
    attacker.net
    serverwizards.com
    is two i came up with so far and a bunch of hourly work admin time which is fine but don't state solaris as their os preference.

Well if it means anything.. bqinternet has a couple hundred TB of data running under zfs. He moved to freebsd from solaris due to zfs issues they were not resolving.

Well if it means anything.. bqinternet has a couple hundred TB of data running under zfs. He moved to freebsd from solaris due to zfs issues they were not resolving.
    I PM'd him a couple of days ago but no response I guess his busy or because I am competition.

I PM'd him a couple of days ago but no response I guess his busy or because I am competition.
    Could be either. All I know is, there are bugs pending that he ran into that have been pending for over a year with solaris.

His FreeBSD servers have issues with ZFS too. If you search the FreeBSD mailing lists you will see many messages about this.

Unfortunately I have to put support queries from customers ahead of free advice to potential competitors In any case, I replied to your PM, so feel free to follow up by email to scott@bqinternet.com, since I usually only check my WHT PMs every few days.

His FreeBSD servers have issues with ZFS too. If you search the FreeBSD mailing lists you will see many messages about this.
    Actually, our FreeBSD ZFS servers are working very nicely. We're using the latest ZFS patch set from FreeBSD's ZFS maintainer. Those patches are not yet available in a regular FreeBSD release, and aren't even in 8-current CVS source yet, but you can find the patches on the freebsd-fs mailing list. The messages you are referring to are most likely from people using the version in 7.0.