Thread: Mojo Question

Mojo Question

I'm migrating from a host where they provided SmartList as a mailing list program. I have several hundred e-mail addresses in an "announce-only" type list. I could make that program do just about anything I wanted to do, but the administration was not at all friendly.

I'm migrating to a host that provides Mailman, which I don't like because of the password requirement and because it doesn't really allow you to do an "announce-only" list.

I'm looking at Mojo now, and it looks pretty good, except there doesn't appear to be a way to send an e-mail to subscribe and unsubscribe. For example, with SmartList a user could send an e-mail to [email protected], with Subscribe or Unsubscribe in the subject. (YahooGroups is even easier - you can send a blank e-mail to [email protected].)

Is this possible with Mojo, or is the only way to subscribe or unsubscribe through their web interface?

The version I have installed doesn't allow subs/usubs emails, however I think if you use their group posting module as a guide you could easily create an addon to allow that.

Above The Clouds
    There's an unsubscribe link at the end of every email you send via mojo.....
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I thought this thread was going to be about Austin Powers
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

lol me too!

Originally posted by Myacen
    I thought this thread was going to be about Austin Powers
    I had /almost/ similar thinking -- I thought it was going to be about
    Jeremy [email protected]
    Front Drive Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions