Question Can anyone help me?

What I am trying to get accomplished is placing a video clip on a webserver for people to download and view. To be more specific, I help out with my church's website. We are looking into adding a sermon video for the ministers sermons. So if say I miss a Sunday I could go to the church's website and download the sermon. I have seen other websites that have 30-45 min audio/video clips and am wondering how I could go about accomplishing something similiar. What kind of software etc. We currently have a regular VHS camcorder, I know it would probably be better to have a digital camcorder but we don't have one yet. Anyways, if anyone out there could explain to me how exactly to do this so someone could click on the hyperlink and the audio/video would prompt to download so they could view that Sunday's sermon. I would greatly appreciate it. Even some links or a direction would be helpful. Thanks and God Bless!!

What you need to do is look at getting a real audo/video server and real networks encoding software to convert your mpg into a ram file to be streamed onto your pc
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

dandanfirema, thanks for your reply. Do you have any links where I can look into it further. Also using a standard camcorder VHS how do I convert to mpg? This is a completely new challenge for me and hope to get this all up and running shortly. Do I need somesort of software or what exactly do I need? Thanks

You will need some sort of video capture software/hardware to convert from video to computer.

Take a look at real.com
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Had a look around real.com but am wondering if anyone knows how to do this for a cheaper price or even free? All expenses for the website comes out of my pocket so I am trying to do this as cheap as possible. Also noticed one church had them in .mp3 format that opened in Windows Media Player.
    Anyone have any other useful links or ways to help me place sermons on the church's website? Thanks and God Bless!

.mp3 would be a audio file which only streams audio.. I would say you are going to have to hook your PC up to your vcr some way unless you go get a digtal video camera.. From there it is pretty easy all you need is a webhost and I dont think you will even need streaming server for what you want.. The main part if getting it from your VCR to mpeg or some other video format the rest is a peice of cake.

I guess things can be done for little or no money.

The basic RealProducer software (converts an AVI-file to RealVideo) is free.

In addition I agree with others here that you don't need a special streaming server or similar as long as you only have a few downloads a day or at least only one at a time. If that condition is met, simple http-streaming does the job. Just search for "http streaming" in Google etc.

Hope this helps!
    Stephen
    Stephen's Independent Hosting Provider Review
    http://hostingreview.rahn.net

I've provided videos on my site in the past. I suggest sticking with the Real Audio/Video format for much shorter download times and file size. You could also have "segments" instead of the entire sermon as one download.

As mentioned, the basic RealProducer software is free and will suit your purpose.

All you need to buy is a gadget to convert your tape. I use Iomega's "Buzz" but the last I knew, it was no longer available.

Here's a couple products to look at. Some are cheaper than others. Video Capture Devices. Search around and you should find something that will fit your needs and budget.

Thanks everyone. I am currently looking into all the recommendations. Thanks again and God Bless

What about not having the videos streaming but rather just available via a download the visitor downloads and views? How and what would be needed along with a guesstimate of bandwidth. I may get 100 people download a sermon a week that is a very large scale estimate. Thanks