hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Needs for a shared/reseller hosting server

Forum Jump

Needs for a shared/reseller hosting server

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM
Corporate Member

What are the needs to be installed on a server for shared and reseller hosting?
Examples:
-PHP
-MySQL
-cPanel
-Fantastico
-WHMCS Billing
Basically everything needed to start out a hosting business. Please do not tell me obvious stuffs like I need staffs, servers or internet connection.

Sponsored Links
Web Hosting Master

You'll need Ion Cube for WHMCS. An SSL, to encrypt information and passwords. A dedicated IP for the SSL. A merchant account and gateway or you could use PayPal. A domain reseller account from someone such as ENOM or NetEarthOne. Last but no least, register with your state as a Sole Proprietor or an LLC. That's all I remember off the top my head.
All the best,

Web Hosting Master

Also, remember to secure your server before starting up your company. Software wise, I would recommend getting Zend Optimizer, APF Firewall, BFD, and DDOS Deflate. These should be the basic things that you would require to secure and optimize your server.

Sponsored Links
WHT Addict

If you do sign-up with WHMCS, you receive a free domain reseller account from Enom or ResellerClub.
You will also need to look at getting a laywer for terms of service, or use one of the many template companies (hostlegal).

Corporate Member

You'll need Ion Cube for WHMCS. An SSL, to encrypt information and passwords. A dedicated IP for the SSL. A merchant account and gateway or you could use PayPal. A domain reseller account from someone such as ENOM or NetEarthOne. Last but no least, register with your state as a Sole Proprietor or an LLC. That's all I remember off the top my head.
All the best,
Whats Ion Cube for? I don't modify WHMCS or whatever, so whats the purpose of it since WHMCS isn't my script?
SSL & IP ok. What SSL cert would you recommend?
Also, remember to secure your server before starting up your company. Software wise, I would recommend getting Zend Optimizer, APF Firewall, BFD, and DDOS Deflate. These should be the basic things that you would require to secure and optimize your server.
What are those?? BFD I have completely no clue about it..
Zend Optimizer is confusing me too..
Those are all open source right??If you do sign-up with WHMCS, you receive a free domain reseller account from Enom or ResellerClub.
You will also need to look at getting a laywer for terms of service, or use one of the many template companies (hostlegal).
Sign up with their billing they will give us a free domain reseller? Is that true??

Web Hosting Master

Whats Ion Cube for? I don't modify WHMCS or whatever, so whats the purpose of it since WHMCS isn't my script?
SSL & IP ok. What SSL cert would you recommend?
What are those?? BFD I have completely no clue about it..
Zend Optimizer is confusing me too..
Those are all open source right??
Sign up with their billing they will give us a free domain reseller? Is that true??
Ion-cube is required for the installation of WHMCS . I would recommend you get a RapidSSL from NameCheap, those are pretty cheap and good.
Yes, WHMCS does offer both free ENOM and ResellerClub domain reseller accounts. Here is their page about it, http://www.whmcs.com/domainresellers.php Don't know if the prices are an better than NetEarthOne, I personally use them.
All the best,

Corporate Member

Ion-cube is required for the installation of WHMCS . I would recommend you get a RapidSSL from NameCheap, those are pretty cheap and good.
Yes, WHMCS does offer both free ENOM and ResellerClub domain reseller accounts. Here is their page about it, http://www.whmcs.com/domainresellers.php Don't know if the prices are an better than NetEarthOne, I personally use them.
All the best,
How is it required?? Which do I need to use? PHP Encoder 6.5??
Rapid SSL or RapidSSL wildcard should I use?
I didn't know that they offer them. But thats a good option

Web Hosting Master

This is how it is required
WHMCS requires the following in order to run:
PHP Version 4.2.x or later
MySQL Version 4.1.x or later
Curl Support (with SSL support)
GD Image Library
Ioncube Loaders Support
Open_basedir Disabled
Get the RapidSSL, the wildcard is for multiple domains and or sub-domains. Since you're only securing ????.com or secure.???.com you'll only need the one that secures 1 domain which is the RapidSSL.
All the best,

Corporate Member

This is how it is required
Get the RapidSSL, the wildcard is for multiple domains and or sub-domains. Since you're only securing ????.com or secure.???.com you'll only need the one that secures 1 domain which is the RapidSSL.
All the best,
Thanks for the list. So IonCube Loader is free? I can't seem to find on the site, neither did I get what it mean..

Web Hosting Master

Thanks for the list. So IonCube Loader is free? I can't seem to find on the site, neither did I get what it mean..
It comes in the download of WHMCS. It's a loader.
All the best,

Corporate Member

Oh. Then thats good
Thanks

Web Hosting Master

Oh. Then thats good
Thanks
Sure, no problem!
All the best,

Web Hosting Master

ZendOptimizer is an opensource script that will help optimize the performance of your PHP functions. It is definetely recommended to use it because it would decrease the load and make your scripts run faster . BFD stands for Brute Force Detector. Basically, it's an opensource security software that attempts to block the person who is trying to hack into your server and notifies you of it via email. I find that APF+BFD+DDOS Deflate is the best combination, but others might believe that CSF firewall is better so it's really up to you .

Corporate Member

ZendOptimizer is an opensource script that will help optimize the performance of your PHP functions. It is definetely recommended to use it because it would decrease the load and make your scripts run faster . BFD stands for Brute Force Detector. Basically, it's an opensource security software that attempts to block the person who is trying to hack into your server and notifies you of it via email. I find that APF+BFD+DDOS Deflate is the best combination, but others might believe that CSF firewall is better so it's really up to you .
Thanks for the information. CSF Firewall is paid? What about Cisco? So are those reliable?

Old 10-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Corporate Member

What are the needs to be installed on a server for shared and reseller hosting?
Examples:
-PHP
-MySQL
-cPanel
-Fantastico
-WHMCS Billing
Basically everything needed to start out a hosting business. Please do not tell me obvious stuffs like I need staffs, servers or internet connection.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
HostGator.com Listing 2014-04-21 05:30:20
HostGator.com Listing 2014-04-21 05:30:20
HostGator.com Listing 2014-04-21 05:30:21
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – May 10, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-05-13 13:19:27
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - December 14, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-12-14 17:40:06