hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Allreseller.com: sucks

Forum Jump

Allreseller.com: sucks

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

unfortunately, some hosts are run by kids...
Well I can assure you allReseller is not. All of our staff have at least 5 years experience and most have 10 years.
Today I tried allreseller.com .
At first sight, everything seemed good. The support was friendly.
After paying the amount of the reseller account and receiving the passwords,I realised the truth:
- The WHM browsing was very slow
- The Machine Load was high ( ~10.00 all the time)
After I realized all that, I went on livechat and spoke with "Nathan". He told me to wait some time and he ensured me that the load would drop.
1 hour later, I logged in again and realized once more that the load was high and everything was slow.
I returned to the livechat, and I asked for a refund. "Nathan" was not anymore friendly, cheating on me and laughing and livechat. That behaviour is not professional. They write at their site that the have a "30 day money back guarantee" so If I'm not satisfied, I can request a refund.
Finally, after laughing and closing the livechat brutally, he refunded.
Do you know what server you were on? Do you have any ticket ID's I can look into? A server load of 10 certainly isn't normal and is something that I would like to investigate for you. I do apologize about the chat issue, and I will definitely bring that up with Nathan.
I do understand your reasoning for cancellation and requesting refund, and I am sorry that the service you received was not acceptable, and it is not to us either.

Sponsored Links
Junior Guru Wannabe

I have spoken to Nathan and I would like to fill in the timeline of events that happened between your first contact with allReseller.
Yesterday you contacted us over Live Chat and mentioned that your host, JaguarPC, had high loads on their servers and requested we move a handful of accounts over to our servers. We agreed to transfer them and you said you would signup soon. This afternoon you signed up and gave us access to your account at which time we started transferring your accounts.
At the point where we are extracting the files for your account, the load goes up to ~6 from a load of <2, everything still works fine. Nathan asked for your patience while they were restored, and then you said that we suck and you want a refund. Nathan then asked why you would say that and you responded that you had been thru 10 hosts that all do this, loads should never be above 0.1. Nathan replied saying that is not possible. (even a load of 4 will not affect speeds, and all of our servers loads average <3)
You said you wanted a refund and all he said was if you think you'll find this kind of host that runs machines that low with resellers, good luck. There was no laughing or mocking, and you were promptly refunded as per our guarantee regardless of the time we put into your transfers.
We monitor loads on all of our servers and if they were above 10 something would be done about it immediately.
I wish you luck with your new host (should you find one that meets your expectations )

Junior Guru Wannabe

And I didn't say 0.1 load but 1.0 load.

Sponsored Links
Premium Member

Even a load of 1.0 is low. We've had machines spike at 15.0 when restoring accounts and the server has responded fine.

Junior Guru Wannabe

People are kids, they just left me on my livechat that message:
server is SLOW fix NOW sucks terribly
They didn't try their own servers I think.

HostingAlive

It isn't that slow to me seems abit slow, though i don't think they scam but support staff are sometimes kids

Junior Guru Wannabe

I used to be an Allreseller.com customer. They do have superb service. Technical issues happen with every web host. They're inevitable.
From my time with Allreseller, their technical support was prompt in their response to my tickets. There was one particular time when All went out of their way to fix an issue that actually was due to a third-party trying to access one of my sites.
Although it sounds like an isolated incident, it's unfortunate that you had a bad experience.

Premium Member

It's always hard to explain to customers server load, especially when they're the one to blame for the server load. Unoptimized mysql CMS, rebuilding the VPS over and over and they keep complaining that the server load is high and they ask for a refund because apperently the host is "overselling".
Communication is the key in those cases, provide screenhosts and graphs to your customers and assure them that it's just temporary and that everything should be blazing fast within some time.
@ OP you should really give a host at least 24 hours before you can judge it.

Web Hosting Master

And I didn't say 0.1 load but 1.0 load.
I don't see anything wrong with a 1.0 server load. A 1.0 load isn't extremely slow. When it starts to reach 2.0 or higher, then that's when it starts to become slow.

Web Hosting Guru

I also do not see anything to worry about here. 1.0 load is fine if the machine is 1 core. Depending on the amount of processors the host is using then thats how you should be judging the server load. If they are lets say using quad core server than those servers will still function at their maximum speed even at load of 4.0.

Junior Guru Wannabe

Try to find a host that uses a Quad Core server on 100mbps or higher uplink. I only uses hosts that have a server with those minimum specs, that's why when I bought my first dedicated server, I got those specs lol.
We only use Dual Xeon Dual Core Servers on 100MBPS Uplinks, and ultimately a better server won't affect you if servers are maintained and managed properly...
I don't see anything wrong with a 1.0 server load. A 1.0 load isn't extremely slow. When it starts to reach 2.0 or higher, then that's when it starts to become slow.
I've seen loads spike up to 15 easily on Quad Core servers, everything responded fine. It depends on the CPU operations, some can spike load without affecting access times, sometimes you can have a load of 8 and things will crawl. There are many factors to determining those kind of issues.
I used to be an Allreseller.com customer. They do have superb service. Technical issues happen with every web host. They're inevitable.
From my time with Allreseller, their technical support was prompt in their response to my tickets. There was one particular time when All went out of their way to fix an issue that actually was due to a third-party trying to access one of my sites.
Although it sounds like an isolated incident, it's unfortunate that you had a bad experience.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
It isn't that slow to me seems abit slow, though i don't think they scam but support staff are sometimes kids
It depends on the company, but as I mentioned above, we are most definitely not run by children, all of our support staff have at a minimum 5 years system administration experience.
Sorry but the browsing and sites were really slow, the slowest whm ever tried!
As for Nathan, he was mocking all the time when I asked him to refund me, since I wasn't satisfied. You oversell your machines and it was obvius since your hdd's were almost full.
It was not a professional behaviour.
I have been working in WHM this evening and yesterday evening and there wasn't the slightest delay or slowness.
Come on now, there was no mocking. I have known Nathan for years, and he takes things seriously. We understand you weren't satisfied which is why we refunded you at your request, there were no loop holes to jump through. The only HDD's that are even close to full was home, and backup drives. Both irrelevant because when the /home partition gets to 65%, we just add another hard drive to the mix as /home2 for new accounts, or those that need more space.
We know how to manage our servers and have been doing it for years.
Even a load of 1.0 is low. We've had machines spike at 15.0 when restoring accounts and the server has responded fine.
Exactly, this isn't something we can prevent, when decompressing and extracting backups, it is a CPU intensive process and as such CPU load goes up, it does that on any server/computer.

IPH - Tim

People are kids, they just left me on my livechat that message:
server is SLOW fix NOW sucks terribly
They didn't try their own servers I think.
Rather than just making these claims, you could post some Screen shots or live Chat records. This would atleast back up your story. Because at the moment, it does not appear that AllReseller did anything wrong. Although a Server load of 10 is high, it can be expected when moving accounts.

Premium Member

Exactly, this isn't something we can prevent, when decompressing and extracting backups, it is a CPU intensive process and as such CPU load goes up, it does that on any server/computer.
Quite true, however your support staff has failed to explain this to your customer which is probably why you lost him/her.
Of course there are people who will just refuse to accept any explanation and doubt your claims no matter what you say in which case it's just better to issue a refund and move on.

Junior Guru Wannabe

How about stop complaining and change your web host? It is really that easy. Unless you signed up for a contract which is foolish.
He has already got his refund and moved on, prior to even making this post.

Junior Guru Wannabe

If the server CPU load is 1.0 all the time I'll buy one Some resellers comes on server with 5~10 CPU loads but works fine if the tech staff could tweak it right.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted