hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : Game Servers : control panel

Forum Jump

control panel

Reply Post New Thread In Game Servers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

control panel

which control panel for game serves is the best to use on linux?

Regards Terry

trans-hosting.com. Total Linux and windows hosting solutions, vps, dedicated and collocation, Scripting service, Clustering service. operating since 1997 developers of hpanel and debiandoctor.com(for Linuxhowto)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Junior Guru

Almost all GSP's use TCAdmin (sorry i can't post a link due to my under 5 post restrictions). When you get larger, like NFO or gameservers.com you can code your own control panel.

Currently their Linux version of TCAdmin is pretty stable, however i only use Windows for game servers, just because of the massive support of the newest games released on a windows platform.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by powergsp View Post
Linux version of TCAdmin
I had a flick through their forums and it appears they have dropped the Linux offering completely.

They could not come up with a quality product and decided to focus exclusively on Windows

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAPTAIN^k View Post
I had a flick through their forums and it appears they have dropped the Linux offering completely.

They could not come up with a quality product and decided to focus exclusively on Windows
OMG your right! Wow, sorry i thought they still supported TCAdmin on a Linux platform.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Almost all GSP's use TCAdmin
I dissagree with that. your find most proper, up market, quality service GSP use their own control panel.

theres another thread further down in this section on the forum that list the game control panels. there is only the right game control panel for your business plan and budget.

start small, grow big.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Junior Guru

The big companies yes, like NFO, gameservers.com, and more two or three more.

However TCAdmin is now powering 46,871 game servers (as of march 2009). Quite a bit isn't it? I believe it goes to show that this panel (even though the cost is expensive) the one of the most reliable. Too bad they don't offer Linux support anymore.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Corporate Member

Awesome thank you for your share, God Bless.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Web Hosting Master

SwiftPanel.com is a new popular Linux game control panel.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
/home/xenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopinc View Post
SwiftPanel.com is a new popular Linux game control panel.
Swift Panel is one of the better Linux panels I have seen. Although reading through their forums I saw support is not very good and new features are not being released as promised.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Swift Panel is one of the better Linux panels I have seen. Although reading through their forums I saw support is not very good and new features are not being released as promised.
Swift Panel installs easily, looks amazing, but like the above says they arent releasing anything. You can customize the startup scripts and client options but the server monitor section is lacking function for most / almost all games.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Swift panel is very goo, but it is little bit expensive. They have many good features that work very well unlike other CPs

Old 03-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Web Hosting Master

I wish TCAdmin would develop a control panel for Linux. I've yet to come across a decent Linux-based GSCP.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:04 AM
Junior Guru

The next updates to SWIFT Panel look very good.

It is a shame they are taking so long to release it...

Old 03-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by powergsp View Post
The big companies yes, like NFO, gameservers.com, and more two or three more.

However TCAdmin is now powering 46,871 game servers (as of march 2009). Quite a bit isn't it? I believe it goes to show that this panel (even though the cost is expensive) the one of the most reliable. Too bad they don't offer Linux support anymore.
46,871 game servers doesnt mean alot to be honest.... dont confuse game server with GSP two very different things.

doesnt mean they have 46,871 clients lol.

however yes its a very nice control panel not bashing it it anyway, I too have personally used it and yes its great for windows servers.

I've got a close on on swiftpanel have been tempted to try them out, and its not a case of there not releasing any updates its a case of they are really busy working on a billing module to co inside with there panel.

no I dont work for them or with them this is somthing that can be found out by actually reading there forums instead of quickly bashing the company.

unless being a client of theres how do you know what support is like? bare in mind im pretty sure they deal with ticket support better as remember online forum is not really suppose to be for support

Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 AM
WHT Addict

Doesn't cPanel do a gaming addon/version?

anyone usd it? if so how was it?

sean

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Hosting Control Panel cPanel & WHM 11.34 Release Hits Stable Tier Web Hosting News 2012-11-12 17:04:57
ResellerClub Module Helps Resellers Provision Hosting Products through WHMCS Control Panel Web Hosting News 2012-09-06 16:17:27
Video: cPanel and Attracta Talk About Integrating SEO Tools into the Hosting Control Panel Whir Tv 2013-10-05 05:55:56
Rackspace Details New Cloud Hosting Control Panel Features Web Hosting News 2012-08-03 16:03:35
WHIR TV: Video Demo of Atomia Web Hosting Control Panel Whir Tv 2013-10-05 06:04:40