Programming/Design wanted. Trade for hosting?

Ok - first off I'm a programmer not a designer so no laughing please... (at least please no posting of your laughing - thanks!)

I've got a reseller package at Voxtreme that I'm not using all of - server is at Colo4Dallas, and is a Dual P3-1GHz with 1GB RAM, and SCSI drives.

The domain I'm working on is 2Report.Net This is a relatively new project. It's PHP/MySQL based.

If you're interested in doing some work on it - it needs it - send me a pm or email. If you're interested in trading some hosting for your services even better.

I've tried to get in touch with the owner of the site that the flash menu came from. I want rid of the sound - all of the people I've asked to look at the site so far have found it annoying. Offer to become a member IF I can get it without the sounds. If you're interested in doing something similar (they like the map movement thingy - works with the auto theme of the site), let me know.

PHP/MySQL work needed too - as well as design. Though one philosophy of the design is simplicity (almost didn't do the flash because of it). So if you have ideas, let me know.

Update - as I wrote this, the owner of the flash site finally responded. They cannot turn off the sound. Maybe in some future downloadable version to be released at some unknown date in the future. So I'm looking for a flash menu with no sounds to replace it. If you have any ideas, I'd like to hear them.
    Last edited by Lagniappe-labgeek; 09-07-2002 at 10:41 PM.

I am not sure I understand what exactly you offer on your web site - other than stickers.

And the service that will go with it.

Ever seen the how's my driving on the back of trucks? Same principle - no 800 numbers (promotes cell phone usage while driving), uses the web instead. And aimed at the parents of teens instead of companies.

Nothing is offered right now. The site is not in production yet. Though it is the new top project. Site is maybe 50% done.

If you wish to see what people filing out a report sees - click File Report, then use 'TEST' as the vehicle id when asked.

Oh now I get it. Brilliant.
    You should also offer the "How's my driving? Call 1-800-EAT ****" sticker

I know where you can get them - think I've talked with every producer of bumber stickers around! But it doesn't really fit with the seriousness of this website.

Of course, I was kidding
    You think teenagers will have these on their cars in order to get rated by other drivers?

Guess it will depend on the parents whether they will have them on "thier" car. I know when I bought my first car, I was still a minor, and couldn't legally own it. It had to go into my mother's name until I turned 18. I also had to have her for insurance. I would have had little choice but have one if she had said so.

The fact of the matter is some parents can insist on it, others can't/won't. I don't want to get too much into social commentary but maybe the second group should care a little more.

BTW, for companies it affects their insurance. Business auto liability is based on thier track record. The How's My Driving? stickers work that's been proven. Because it's there, the driver is less likely to drive wrecklessly. Which results in fewer accidents, and in turn lower insurance premiums. I'm in discussion with some insurance folks now if they would consider a discount (much like a good student discount).

I hope you have this whole idea patented as it's very interesting.

labgeek: Check your email; I sent you something.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

i think your project needs other things rather than hosting,programming and design . maybe a call center , employers ect.
    btw my driving style's cruel

timechange - thanks, but I suspect it would be considered a derivitive work. And it wasn't my idea, it was given to me by a regional morning radio show's host who then went on to talk about the idea on the air... (his idea was teen but with phone numbers - which I thought was funny considering his stance on cell phones while driving).

mind21_98 - Thanks for emailing, I'll be getting back to you shortly. Same to the other people that emailed.

ohz - Thanks for the input. However, considering the philosophy behind the site, a call center would not be warranted. A business line - yes. Call center - no. It won't be advertised to the general public. Its primarily for reseller support.

"employers"? Did you mean employeEs? There will be few employees - and that's already taken care of. There will be resellers - actually there aready are a couple - but that's outside of the scope of WHT. But then so is a call center or other such non-web related aspects of the business.