Hello Web Hosting Talk!

Are you tired of empty promises?

Your customers will not wait for your site to load and they will not come back later when your server is not busy. Unlike our competitors we do not offer the world for pennies and we do not cram as many accounts as possible onto a single server. In the hosting industry you generally get what you pay for and we offer a premium service to businesses and individuals that require the most reliable hosting to serve their customers. When we make you a promise, we keep it.

With another host?

No problem! We will take care of everything necessary to transfer you to our servers free of charge. Just sit back and relax as we take care of all of the work for you.

Guarantees

All of our hosting plans carry an unconditional hassle-free 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, a 99.9% uptime guarantee as well as a disk space and bandwidth availability guarantee. We also guarantee that our support staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week should you encounter any problems.

NEW! Semi-Dedicated plans - be 1 of only 25 accounts on our newest servers! - Learn More

Why choose Semi-Dedicated?

On our semi-dedicated servers we limit the maximum amount of accounts to 25 per server where a traditional shared server will house as many as 350 accounts or more. Hosting on a semi-dedicated plan affords you more freedom and resources to do what you need to do without having to make the step up to a dedicated server.

Semi-Dedicated Basic Plan - Learn More!
--------------------------------------------------------------
* 10,000 MB Disk Space
* 50,000 MB Transfer
* Only 25 accounts per server MAX
* cPanel, Fantastico, PHP5, MySQL5
* FFMPEG, FFMPEG-PHP Support
* PHPMotion, Magento Commerce Compatible
* 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
* 24/7 Support with 99.9% Uptime
* Guaranteed Disk Space and Transfer
* Get 20% off your first invoice with coupon code "oct2008"
---------------------------------------------------------------
$16.58/month billed yearly - Save up to $35.04!
$19.50/month billed monthly - Order Now! or Learn More!

Semi-Dedicated Intermediate Plan - Learn More!
* 30,000 MB Disk Space
* 120,000 MB Transfer
$20.83/month billed yearly - Save up to $44.04!
$24.50/month billed monthly - Order Now! or Learn More!

Semi-Dedicated Advanced Plan - Learn More!
* 50,000 MB Disk Space
* 200,000 MB Transfer
$25.08/month billed yearly - Save up to $53.04!
$29.50/month billed monthly - Order Now! or Learn More!

Don't need Semi-Dedicated hosting? No problem! We offer regular shared hosting too!

Our shared hosting platform has been designed to provide the quality, reliability, and speed that you require for your professional web presence. Our servers are not overloaded and we monitor them very closely to ensure a high level of service. If you are tired of the empty promises that other web hosting companies make to attract customers, you will be very happy with us.

Shared Basic Plan - Learn more!
* 5,000 MB Disk Space
* 20,000 MB Transfer
$6.38/month billed yearly - Save up to $13.44!
$7.50/month billed monthly - Order Now! or Learn more!

Shared Intermediate Plan - Learn more!
* 15,000 MB Disk Space
* 60,000 MB Transfer
$9.78/month billed yearly - Save up to $20.64!
$11.50/month billed monthly - Order Now! or Learn more!

Shared Advanced Plan - Learn more!
* 25,000 MB Disk Space
* 100,000 MB Transfer
$13.18/month billed yearly - Save up to $27.84!
$15.50/month billed monthly - Order Now! or Learn more!

All plans include the following (and more):

**30 Day Hassle-Free Money Back Guarantee** | **Free/Instant Setup** | **24x7 Support**
MySQL | CGI | PHP5 | Ruby on Rails | Perl | Python | SSI | Cron | FrontPage | Curl
GD | Image Magick | Spam Assassin | IMAP Support | The latest cPanel | Fantastico
Hotlink Protection | phpMyAdmin | IP Deny Manager | Web Based File Manager
Password Protected Directories | Instant Blogs | Instant Forums | Instant FormMail
Shared SSL | Agora Cart | osCommerce | Zen-Cart | Awstats | And more!

Quote Originally Posted by JetWash View Post
Hello Fellow WebhostingTalker's,

Today I am writing my review on MDDHosting with who I have hosted with for the last 3 months. They have been wonderful and are definitely one of the best hosts that I have come across.

Michael at MDDHosting (MikeDVB on the forums) has been very good with me as he is primarily the person that has helped me when I needed it. I was originally with Toehosting and after speaking with Mike he talked me into making the switch to his servers and promised me that I would not regret it and I'm happy to post that he was right. The server that I was placed on was faster in just about every way than the servers I had been on in the past and I have not experienced any downtime that I was not notified about beforehand. MDDHosting did notify me that they were upgrading their server equipment and that I was on one of the servers being upgraded and that I may experience some downtime but I watched carefully and there was no apparent downtime, they did a good job on the upgrade.

Support has been great, not only Michael but everybody I have spoken with at MDDHosting. Every support ticket I have put in has been responded to in under 5 minutes and just about every ticket I have put in has been fully resolved within about 10 to 15 minutes. I have primarily used their support desk for help although I have contacted Michael via MSN as well as calling them when I was not near a computer and they have always been very helpful.

I cannot complain about their service whatsoever, their uptime has, as previously mentioned, been excellent. I've not had one minute of downtime so I am very pleased, and to top everything off their servers are not crowded and they don't oversell so their server speeds are second to none (very fast).

For service and support I give MDDHosting a 10/10 and I highly recommend them. It should also be noted that I started out on a custom package after talking with sales and eventually worked my way up to one of their normal plans so if you need a custom plan talk to them as they will probably be able to work with you.

Their web site is http://www.mddhosting.com/

I know from browsing these forums that people will ask what my domain is, I have already submitted my domain for review by the moderators by reporting this post.

Thanks again Michael for such wonderful service.
Quote Originally Posted by explosiv View Post
Before I start, let me say that I'm aware I have no prior posts, and thus my review might not be as star-studded as it should, but I had to write one. I've been through the ringer, and dealt with a lot of hosts. A few decent, but most horrible. I was beginning to think the only way to have a good host would be to lease a server and run it myself.

I just recently moved over to MDDHosting, and immediately my script gave me trouble. Most hosts would either say sorry, you're on your own, or we'll gladly help for a fee. I set out to figure out the issue, and was unable to figure it out. The outlook was pretty grim. My last resort was support from the host.

I opened a live chat session, and was connected to Michael. He informed me that they don't officially support any scripts, but he'd be glad to try to help. We went through the entire documentation of the script, and also a handful of forum posts across the web, hopelessly searching for the issue. Eventually, I had to get the script's development team to help point out the issue, but to Michael's credit, he did everything he could to help.

So I thought I was out of the water. Nope.

Later that day I realized my login function wasn't working, along with other issues. Michael was again very helpful. This time, he was able to go beyond what I reported to him, and fix issues I didn't even know about before he mentioned them to me. He even went as far as to rebuild the modules needed for my script to be 100% positive the issue wasn't server-side only. In the end, we learned that many of the issues were related to permissions.

Us: 2, Script: 0. And of course, another issue was discovered.

By now, most hosts would have said, "this guy's an idiot", and told me to figure it out myself. Michael was still very helpful. Already I knew I had found a good host. This time, the issue at hand was totally undocumented. I decided it wasn't a key feature, and was willing to let it go. Michael didn't give up. He plowed through all of my heavily modded code, and found the issue to be a very well buried single line of code, referring to an incorrect path. It was this that showed me MDDHosting is more than a good host. They're great. Fantastic even.

Considering the fact that all of the issues turned out to be my fault, I am ecstatic that I found MDDHosting, and that Michael was happy to help. I've never, ever, ever seen a host even remotely as responsive and helpful as these guys. The best part is they NEVER EVEN THOUGHT TO ASK ME TO PAY FOR HELP! Every chat was answered within 30 seconds(literally!). I can't even imagine how you guys do it, but at any rate, what I'm really getting at here is this; THANK YOU!

(sorry to make you guys read a 10-page essay, but there were a lot of things to cover here.)
Pre-Sales Questions and Answers:

1. Do you outsource sales/support or is it all "in house"?
We do not outsource our sales or support and it is all performed "in house". Our servers are located in the United States as well as all members of our support staff.

2. What's the expected time for initial response on support issues and what's the average time until final resolution?
Our average intial response time is 15 minutes and our average time to final resolution is 25 minutes.

3. Are you selling from a reseller account?
Absolutely not - we have our own dedicated equipment to host our clients on in order to offer the best possible service and the fastest possible support times.

4. Where are your servers?
Our server equipment is located in Dallas, Texas in the SoftLayer Datacenter. SoftLayer provides On Demand IT Infrastructure backed by complete redundancy in power, HVAC, fire suppression, network connectivity, and security.

5. What means of contact do I have, as a customer, to get in touch with your support team?
We offer support tickets, live chat, as well as a toll free support phone number for our clients to contact us.

6. Do you offer a money back guarantee? What are the conditions for eligibility?
We offer a 30-Day hassle free money back guarantee. Should you at any point during your first 30 days decide that we are not satisfying your needs please simply request account cancellation and you will be automatically refunded of all hosting fees.

7. Will I have access to a control panel? Which control panel do you offer?
You will have access to your own control panel. We use cPanel and we check for updates nightly.

8. Is the support free?
Absolutely.

9. Is the support available 24/7, meaning is there always someone (awake) in front of a desktop ready to read and answer my questions? Is it also available by phone?
Our support is available 24/7 via support tickets and our phone support is available 8am to 4pm EST.

10. How many websites do you put on a server?
Generally our servers have around 100 to 200 clients on them depending on the content and resource requirements of the individual accounts on the server. We always leave a fair amount of breathing room on our servers as we believe in quality over quantity.

11. How fast will the account be created?
All accounts that pass our fraud prevention steps are created instantly as soon as the first payment is received.

12. Is the account scalable? How does the upgrade occur? Is there a fee involved other than the higher monthly price?
You can scale your account up our plans as needed and there is no fee other than the difference between the cost of the plans. Should your needs go beyond that which we offer on our normal plans we can either create a custom plan for you or help you move to your own VPS or Dedicated server should the need arise.

13. Is there a daily bandwidth limit? How do you handle bandwidth overages?
There is not a daily bandwidth limit as we handle bandwidth on a monthly basis. Generally when you begin to approach your bandwidth limit we will contact you to either make arrangements to increase your bandwidth limit. We will not shut you down as soon as you hit your limit and we will not do so without contacting you first.

14. Are there any limits on file size? Can I use the hosting as a backup?
There are no limits on the size of files that you can host however we do not allow you to use our hosting for backup purposes. You can stream audio and/or video from your shared hosting account.

15. Is there a setup fee?
We do not charge a setup fee on any of our shared or reseller hosting plans.

16. How many months do I have to pay in advance for?
You can pay monthly, quarterly, yearly, or once every two years. Our yearly and biennial plans are discounted 15% automatically before any additional promotions are applied.

17. Do you have a free trial so that I can test the service?
We would be more than happy to set you up with a trial account should you wish to test drive our service. Please contact our sales department for more information.

18. Do you allow adult content to be hosted on your servers?
We allow legal adult content to be hosted on our servers.

19. Will I have SSH access?
We can upon request provide SSH access.

20. Is there a limit on how many emails can be sent per hour?
We only allow 200 emails to be sent per hour from each account on our server although if you need the ability to send more than 200 per hour we can raise your limit upon request.

21. Do I have access to Raw logs? Do you have a traffic analyzer installed?
You will have access to raw logs and we do have Webalizer, AWStats, and Analog Stats installed on all of our servers.

22. What type of payments do you accept?
We accept Credit Cards and Paypal directly and we can accept payments via money order upon request.

23. Are your servers Magento Ecommerce Compatible?
Yes, every server we operate is compatible with Magento Commerce.

24. I want to run PHPMotion, is this allowed?
Our Semi-Dedicated plans have been optimized for PHPMotion and other YouTube clone type scripts however these scripts are not supported on our regular shared hosting plans.

25. There are thousands of hosts out there, why should I buy from you?
There are thousands of hosts out there that are all doing the same thing. They are all offering way more disk space and bandwidth than is feasable on a shared server in the hopes to lure in customers with big numbers. We do not play this numbers shell game. When we sell you disk space and bandwidth - it is yours and yours alone to use.

Visit us - http://www.mddhosting.com/

We look forward to the opportunity to serving you! Please contact us if you have any questions or need any further information.

Thank you for your time as it is very valuable,