Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 59
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    138

    is that HostGUI thing ever gonna come out?

    I am having doubts
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Why don't you e-mail greg directly?
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    138
    Originally posted by Samuel
    Why don't you e-mail greg directly?
    maybe I should
    then again
    I pretty much have the idea what he's going to say
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Well if your mind is made up why even start a "New" thread about it. I personally know it's in fast development and know there is no more questions right now that will speed it up.

    It's going to come out, this I am sure, I know it's going to come out this year, this I am sure about also. That's all I need to know
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    138
    Originally posted by Samuel


    Well if your mind is made up why even start a "New" thread about it. I personally know it's in fast development and know there is no more questions right now that will speed it up.

    It's going to come out, this I am sure, I know it's going to come out this year, this I am sure about also. That's all I need to know
    the funny thing is that I was saying the exact same thing to other people about a year ago
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    I do side work for one of the main developers, I'm convinced of what I say. See ya in a year! lol
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    33,190
    If you really wanted to know, it seems you would ask someone that could actually answer you instead of starting this thread.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,194
    Why do you say another year?
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,349
    I think we should just drop any/all talks of hostgui. All this hype and free marketing... all the while nobody knows when/if it'll ever come out. I say let's all drop the subject as though it doesn't and won't ever exist.

    I'll believe it when I see it.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    138
    Originally posted by Skeptical
    I think we should just drop any/all talks of hostgui. All this hype and free marketing... all the while nobody knows when/if it'll ever come out. I say let's all drop the subject as though it doesn't and won't ever exist.

    I'll believe it when I see it.
    agreed
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,194
    Makes sense,,
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    852
    That sounds like a good idea, it was stupid for them to even make noise about a project that isnt even in a demo mode.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,315
    Either that or genious marketing

    Well, ive talked to greg - i beleive the project is real. I am developing my own cp software and i know what its like. Minor bugs take days to fix. Everything must work. You have to make it idtiot and hacker proof. You have to make all different types of 3rd party software work together. Not to mention, hostgui is on a HUGE scale - i cant even begin to think of how long it would take me to do that.

    if you guys have given up hope and decided not to talk about hostgui until its released, why do you keep coming here and posting in these forums just for the point of dissing hostgui before its even out. They dont advertise it here, its only the visitors here. If you guys stopped this nonsense, you wont hear about hostgui until its done...
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    96
    I think you should do a search... there's some pretty negative stuff about them at WHT. Plus the developpers said that they were releasing it this March. It's September now.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,315
    I dont need to do a search. Ive been here for a while. Ive spoken to greg. Ive seen their threads. My CP was supposed to be out in July and its Sept now - and it took me months and months and months to do what simple thing i have now - hostgui isnt holding you to it or forcing you to buy it or talk about it. basically, the people talking about it here are the cause for all the hype
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by MaB
    I dont need to do a search. Ive been here for a while. Ive spoken to greg. Ive seen their threads. My CP was supposed to be out in July and its Sept now - and it took me months and months and months to do what simple thing i have now - hostgui isnt holding you to it or forcing you to buy it or talk about it. basically, the people talking about it here are the cause for all the hype
    I know I'd get really worked up if they promised but didn't deliver on time. Especially since I believe that some people have prepaid. If something that was supposed to hasn't come out after 5 months, they should be having an explaination.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,315
    Anyone who pre-paid can request and get their money back. You can get "worked up" if they dont deliver on time, however no one is holding you to it, no one is forcing you to wait for them.
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    682
    Originally posted by MaB
    I dont need to do a search. Ive been here for a while. Ive spoken to greg. Ive seen their threads. My CP was supposed to be out in July and its Sept now
    but did you try to sell it and take people's money without having a clue if/when it would be released but at the same time making people think it would be within 3 months?
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    5,383
    Originally posted by rastoma


    but did you try to sell it and take people's money without having a clue if/when it would be released but at the same time making people think it would be within 3 months?
    Valid point, I highly doubt it will come out. It's like the infamous nocsoft
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,194
    I honestly dont see whats the big deal with hostgui... it doesnt seem all that impressive..

    I dont like Helm's interface, but as far as features and admin abilities i think Helm is the only one projected to come out that is better than the panels already on the market...

    Hostgui just seems like a prettier cpanel.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by MaB
    Anyone who pre-paid can request and get their money back. You can get "worked up" if they dont deliver on time, however no one is holding you to it, no one is forcing you to wait for them.
    Sure, no one would be forcing me to do it, but the point is, if I paid for something, I would want it on time. People have clients waiting. If you were promised a server within a week but didn't get it, would you be satisfied and say "they didnt force me, I'll get my money back and lose my clients".
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    258
    Originally posted by jdp29053

    I honestly dont see whats the big deal with hostgui... it doesnt seem all that impressive... Hostgui just seems like a prettier cpanel.
    That's exactly what it is! The idea was competing with cpanel on the basis of a better-looking skin with a couple of addon features and a one-off pricing.

    The odd thing is, the company (Jaguarpc) that started this botched up marketing scheme still uses a stock cpanel skin for their hosting customers.

    How can they ever deliver hostgui if they couldn't even develop their own skin yet?

    The word "utopia" comes to mind.
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Mistral, truly you are posting the very same things you have already posted which constitues just an attack.

    If you have nothing to say but mean and hateful things, then you're a really mean person! DANG! DANG DANG!!!!!!
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    258
    If you can't see through these things, analyze it with a cool head, putting aside what your chums at jaguarpc whispered to your ears and you are unable to apply just a small amount of common sense, you must be overly dosed with dope and sedated with valium to a dangerous degree!

    Maybe we should call you an ambulance?
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    heheh no actually I know it is on it's way to completion

    No whispering here =)
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    138
    Originally posted by Samuel
    heheh no actually I know it is on it's way to completion

    No whispering here =)
    bollocks
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    258
    Originally posted by Samuel

    heheh no actually I know it is on it's way to completion

    No whispering here =)
    You keep repeating your nonsense!

    That's exactly what you said to me in another thread in WHT about this scheme 3 and half months ago (June 1, 2002):

    Quote: "You would do yourself a great deal of good by apologizing and retracting your statements as I can specifically refute what you have posted with information that is current as of yesterday, so please state what "You know" not what you think you know."

    Time to eat your words again?
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    No, I didn't eat my words then. =)

    Saying I am posting nonsense, is akin to saying I am lying, which I am not doing.

    My opinion is that it will be released, and Mistral, the date on my registration is not indicative to the time I have been registered on this board.

    I watched the very first threads about Hostgui and am still confident of it's impending release.

    Not interested in fighting with you, this is my personal opinion and I am confident in stating it.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    258
    First, I didn't say you were lying. There's a large gaping hole between being nonsensical and lying. Jag must have given you a few tips about how to get the sympathy of the moderators by pure twisting of the reality to get an inconvenient thread (such as this one) closed.

    There's no one fighting against you. I respect your opinion and your optimism.

    I have merely questioned the merit of believing those whispers from your friends at jaguarpc, again and again, without seeing one iota of concrete result.

    I hope you are not being taken for yet another ride!
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Hi again mistral, not sure what the mods have to do with anything I say (Except constantly warning me not to hit on some of the girls here), I have never asked for a post to be closed on this forum in seriousness (SAH Aside), really it looks as though you are trying to call me out, and seriously, I am posting what I believe. If it does not come to bare (HostGUI), it will cause a very large rift professionally for me.

    Really, I don't speak to Jag (Have spoken to), but do not conversate, nor have any direct contact with him.

    I talk to the developers and the developer I know, have contracted, and trust and know will come through.

    What is wrong with what I just posted?
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    258
    Everything will be revealed on January 1st, 2003. As you probably know, this is the latest promised launch date for this marketing scheme.
    Last edited by mistral1; 09-16-2002 at 12:16 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Originally posted by mistral1
    If you can't see through these things, analyze it with a cool head, putting aside what your chums at jaguarpc whispered to your ears and you are unable to apply just a small amount of common sense, you must be overly dosed with dope and sedated with valium to a dangerous degree!

    Maybe we should call you an ambulance?
    Mistral, I have always been on your side with this hostgui debacle. But you just don't seem to give up the endless criticism and sometimes outright insults at this people. One will think human nature will define an end to it all, other than some personal animousity towards the guihost or hostg team. Seriously though, is there something personal bothering you that I don't see? I will hate to go on reading your comments on them blindly and not knowing if there was something behind it. This is not a statement but a real question I won't mind seeing an answer to.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,003
    What exactly is the point of this thread? So far I didn't see anything usefull coming out. Just a bunch of retarded comments.
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,194
    Does apple grape cranberry juice taste like apples, grape, cranberry's, or applejacks?!?!?!
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,194
    lol,, sorry...
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    258
    Originally posted by Jburnley

    Mistral, I have always been on your side with this hostgui debacle. But you just don't seem to give up the endless criticism and sometimes outright insults at this people. One will think human nature will define an end to it all, other than some personal animousity towards the guihost or hostg team. Seriously though, is there something personal bothering you that I don't see? I will hate to go on reading your comments on them blindly and not knowing if there was something behind it. This is not a statement but a real question I won't mind seeing an answer to.
    Thanks for your support.

    There's no personal animosity between me and the hostgui or jaguarpc etc. That's because I don't know them personally, I have never dealt with them before either in business or personal capacity.

    I am just an observer, simply trying to read into the minds of some smart people who think that anyone except them are complete idiots and can be easily manipulated. That's what I'm against at. I am sure many other members are, too.

    I have not personally started this thread, but could not help to chip in at a later stage as there seemed to be an apparently brain-washed member on here (namely, Samuel) who just can't see the forest for the trees. It's not his fault though, he's been told sweet stories by a member of this marketing scheme.

    Let me know if this info satisfies you. Please note, I will be unable to reply to any new post until the weekend.
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    298
    Yea just release it, when ya'll say who cares if it has bugs or security flaws. I just paid for it to be released on so an so date.

    Makes sence to me we don't need to worry about anyone being naughty and trying to find their way into the server. Just as long as it's released when it supposed to be.

    Sheez think about it before ya start to complain geez
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww it's broke
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,414
    Originally posted by mistral1
    I have not personally started this thread, but could not help to chip in at a later stage as there seemed to be an apparently brain-washed member on here (namely, Samuel) who just can't see the forest for the trees. It's not his fault though, he's been told sweet stories by a member of this marketing scheme.
    I don't have a problem with your attitude towards a vendor, but when you post an inaccuracy about me, I do have a problem with it.

    I don't know a "Marketer", as you seem to think.

    I've stated a couple times who I know, you ignoring that only proves you're just wanting to be a troll.

    It could be about McDonalds hamburgers and you would still pull one little bit out of someone's response, regurgitate it inaccurately, and think you've posted something that has to do with the truth.

    Yes, I've pulled this out of your post, but do read within this post where I actually don't have a problem with the rest of your post, your inaccuracies I do.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    258
    Final post:

    > I don't know a "Marketer", as you seem to think.

    I know exactly who you're talking about. I said "a member of this marketing scheme", not a "marketer", meaning your idol, php guru (is he? I've no idea, that's what you said anyway) at jaguarpc.

    > It could be about McDonalds hamburgers and you would still pull one little bit out of someone's response, regurgitate it inaccurately, and think you've posted something that has to do with the truth.

    The first part may be true, the second is incorrect.

    Well, there isn't really much left to talk about this scheme. More or less we know what Jag has been up to so far. Hostgui will either happen or not. And we'll all know about it by January 1st, 2003.

    Let me repeat it. I'm not saying that hostgui will never happen. All I'm saying is: Let's wait! If it does happen, I will be issuing an apology in this forums immediately.

    In fact, can you hear the deafening silence coming from Jag? That may well mean they ARE quietly working on this project right now.

    So that's it - as far as this subject is concerned. See you around!
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,194
    HostGui is not out yet, it may be out soon, may not be out for years...

    But there is absolutely no way anyone here can really say for sure.. .

    So i say drop it.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •