* Europe - DDoS Protection / Protected Servers

Hello,

I am in need of some advice / suggestions. I am currently in need of;

1. Suggestions and advice towards blocking a very large upscale DDoS attack coming from a large botnet. Physical firewall will not help, due to the attack still entering the network, thus causing trouble for the companies other clients.

2. Or dedicated server companies in Europe that can provide protection against this.

I know most protection is located in America, but it has to be located in Europe. Any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

Regards,
    TomBoy123

Have you tried to contact Leaseweb? They have a big network and as ex-host of The Pirate Bay they must have experience.

I personally don't know of any European host that do that off hand. You might want to do a search around the forums at www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php or Google.

All the best,

I think rackspace should be able to handle DDoS for you, but it wont be cheap. They have several EU DCs you could choose from. Maybe try their live chat and see what they say:

http://www.rackspace.co.uk/intensivelinux/
    Says "Preventier DDoS Prevention System" available as an upgrade.

But to be honest, if you tell any provider your under DDoS from day one you are likely to be hit with huge costs or told to move along politely
    Regards, Sam. www.protecweb.co.uk
    Windows Shared and Reseller Hosting with ASP.Net, MS SQL 2008, PHP, MySQL5 and more.
    Providing quality web hosting and support since 2001.

Hey,

Yes true. Thank you for your help. I would like to know if any of you know how to get a list of IP ranges in CIDR format for a whole country. As this attack continues, I will be taking preventative measures to protect against it.

I have been to some sites that supply them, but they are not in CIDR format, and converting them into CIDR format would take some time.

Also, I don't know if the site I am using is old, and has not been updated for some time. If anyone could provide me with the most up to date one, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    TomBoy123

Have a chat with gigenet.

If i remember right, their proxyshield system is able to work on any ISP as it re-routes the traffic i think?

If it's an HTTP flood you could look at using GeoIP to make it block them out. There is an apache module to make it work even faster than having to code anything.

Thanks,

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony