Question As reseller,will you employ supporter?

As reseller,will you employ supporter?(if you only have less than 50 clients)
    Is there any risk to employ a staff?

I think it would be wise to hire as your revenue permits. Not before, unless you have the financial backing.

Why not consider outsourcing your support?

Originally posted by lpguitars
    Why not consider outsourcing your support?
    If you have less than 50 clients,the price is not cheap.

No, not cheap - but a whole lot cheaper than staffing someone. I think those bobcares.com folks are cheap - although I had actually never heard of them until this board!

ISP Support Center (thy do hosting support too) is reasonably priced - I think the minimum is like $250 per month and they charge on a per customer basis, not per call basis. Their url is:

http://www.ispsupportcenter.com

Obviously keep in mind - you get what you pay for but sometimes just having a person on the line who can pretend they actually give a @$@# is all it takes!

Good luck.

less than 50 clients, I think you can handle this (If you working with min. problem web server). Employee adds an extra to your finance.

With quality hardware, in a quality datacenter, 50 customers will probably only set you back about 10 tickets a week on average. People have a few questions generally when they first sign up, but once they get comfortable they're usually pretty quiet.

Being available for those tickets as they arrive is something else of course.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by lpguitars
    No, not cheap - but a whole lot cheaper than staffing someone. I think those bobcares.com folks are cheap - although I had actually never heard of them until this board!

ISP Support Center (thy do hosting support too) is reasonably priced - I think the minimum is like $250 per month and they charge on a per customer basis, not per call basis. Their url is:

http://www.ispsupportcenter.com

Obviously keep in mind - you get what you pay for but sometimes just having a person on the line who can pretend they actually give a @$@# is all it takes!

Good luck.
    ISP support is more expensive than bobcares.com.

Originally posted by akashik
    With quality hardware, in a quality datacenter, 50 customers will probably only set you back about 10 tickets a week on average. People have a few questions generally when they first sign up, but once they get comfortable they're usually pretty quiet.

Being available for those tickets as they arrive is something else of course.

Greg Moore
    Yes. I agree with you .After ordered plan,less support is needed.

Thank you for your advice.
    But my friend has l little problem that he is in HK.
    when USA is in morning, Asia is in mid-night.
    He cannot response to the questions with in 3 hours.
    SO he is think employ one supporter.
    Anymore suggestions.

Originally posted by tempo
    Thank you for your advice.
    But my friend has l little problem that he is in HK.
    when USA is in morning, Asia is in mid-night.
    He cannot response to the questions with in 3 hours.
    SO he is think employ one supporter.
    Anymore suggestions.
    Time differences is a real problem if you work internationally. May be you need a staff can handle the questions. But before doing that you should check your incomings. But if you are using best quality service you need that less.

And maybe you can handle a freelance stuff from Asia ( the other timezone ). That may be less. But you'll have to find trustable person.