Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Cyberpixel, Host Radius, E-Starr....

I've checked out their plans and they seem to similar...are they resellers?

...and you've traced some Ips too?? Or do they just "look" the same on their sites?? Get some Ips from each provider and tracert them and see who their providers are.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I'm for sure Hostradius isn't a reseller cause I work there and we have our own server.

Cyberpixels has some 5-6 servers so, not a reseller also. Not really sure about E-starr though

E-starr has its own servers as well.

The similar plans are probably because all three have the same target audience.

Angry CyberPixel

If you want to choose any of these plans don't choose CyberPixel. They aren't in charge of their own servers. They have to request for any work to be done on their servers. They don't reply to your help desk tickets, and when they do reply it takes them two weeks to do so.

Half the time that I was on one of their servers my site was down, which really upset me because I lost a job since the people I wanted to work for could never get to my site. CyberPixel has the worst customer service I have every seen on the web.

Just warning, it's up to you really, but I would suggest you avoid them at all costs.

Angry CyberPixels Does Suck

I definitely agree with AnnabelleC in regards to CyberPixels. They have to be the worst hosting company. I was with them for a month and had more downtime in a month than I had in an entire year of hosting with my old host. And my site would load so slowly! I had some of my visitors using dsl/cable complaining how my site would load in like 90 years. Their customer service sucks big time too. Just all around they are horrible. All you have to do is visit their forums and you will see all their customers complaining and stuff. It is horrible. I am so glad I switched to hosts. Dealing with CyberPixels was a nightmare for me. I don't acre how cheap they are or how much you get for your money. With CyberPixels you definitely get what you pay for. And cheap hosting = cheap customer service, cheap servers, etc. Pay a little more for reliable service if you have to. I can't stress that enough. Don't use CyberPixels. You will soon regret it.

Wow how amazing. Two people, who have their very first post, only 30 minutes apart, both attacking the same thing on the same thread.

Yep I'd say that's reliable
    (was being sarcastic there)

Red face Confused

Reseller, I don't get what you are trying to imply so I will just ignore the comment you made.

I saw CyberPixels mentioned and so I spoke on my personal experience with them. I am not the first to say that CyberPixels has crappy service and I won't be the last, so whatever.

And if you were joking or whatever in your "little" comment above then maybe I guess I read too much into it. I just was under the impression that Webhostingtalk was a place to tell your personal experiences, etc. in regards to hosting. *shrugz*

My bad for this being my very first post here and not my 200+ as in your case. I am not a reseller or anything so I don't have a need to be all up in these forums as perhaps you do.

Kthx!

And according to my timetable AnnabelleC and I posted 40 minutes apart.

Talking It's all Good MrsPixel

Reseller was just pointing out how much CyberPixel must suck since to ppl who just joined this board posted bad things about the service in their first post.

At least that I what I think he was doing.

I'm actually paying less now with SimpleNetHosting and getting the best customer service I've had in months. They are great. There was a problem with my account and it was resloved in less than an hour, how about that! Something that would never happen with CyberPixel, or ActiveWebHosting.

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you Annabelle for clearing that up. I read too much into it. I am not good at picking up on sarcasm sumtimes. LOL..

So sorry Reseller for being a meanie! I understand what you are inplying now.

And I switched to Hostmatters (who by the way was recommended by so many of my freinds who have been their customer for a few years now) and when I told them about all my problems with CyberPixels they actually offered me a a discount on my hosting plan and I am paying less now. Excellent customer service, fast server, my account was set up within a couple of hours, etc. It has been smooth sailing since I started with them. Unlike CyberPixels who I had problems with within the very first week.

Uhh actually....

I wasn't saying cyberpixels was bad, I can;t do that as I have no experience with them. I was more ..... oh never mind.

Exclamation Agree.

Sorry to say.. but I now officially agree that CyberPixels is a terrible provider.

I current have one of my customers sites with them - its down more than its up. Of course, for those familiar with cyberpixels and their mess - the site is on 'torgo'.

I'm done with CP now, i'll stick with Tera-Byte. 30 minute response emails and stable service.

m.

i'm trying to get off cyberpixels now.. they are awful.

that have bad troublesome servers and even more so service. it's ridiculous. :\

If "everyone" says that cyberpixels "SUCKS".. why are they still in business? Or they started to "SUCK" just few days/weeks ago?

i've just recently started having problems with them [last 3 months]

when i started, it was fine, and i never even went to the supposrt center and whatnot.

i'm there all the time now. i dunno what's up

I guess I'm the only person who ever had a positive experience with CP I don't host with them now, though. Hope they get their server woes cleared up. I hear they're moving accounts off Torgo and onto two new servers. So does that mean Torgo will be gone for good?

E-Starr has been just great for the past month, but I'll probably write a better review six months from now.

And incidentally, I plan on getting a cheap account with HostRadius, so I can have one website up in the event that my reseller goes down. I've heard some good things about HostRadius. But then again, I like the owner and she's very honest and upfront. I feel my site will be in good hands when I sign up
    It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed... DOOMED!

Honstly, CyberPixels was awsome till a few months ago, all the sudden all the techies never responded to help desk tickets, they are never on AIM or anything, they are going to pull an Aletinia! I give CP a good three years before they are vanished from the net.

Originally posted by Lain
    And incidentally, I plan on getting a cheap account with HostRadius, so I can have one website up in the event that my reseller goes down. I've heard some good things about HostRadius. But then again, I like the owner and she's very honest and upfront. I feel my site will be in good hands when I sign up
    My friend is with HostRadius and she is very satisfied with the service. Isn't HostRadius ran by that girl named Shi who used to work for CyberPicels? I heard when she was with CP she was the most helpful out of all the staff there. When she left alot of people was upset. I am sure she took alot of CP customers with her. LOL.

I've found out quite a bit of people that worked at CP left. There was SHi and Zed - the only two I've ever seen/heard from at CP now is Ben and Rebecca. :-\

I dunno, it sucks, b.c I liekd CP's plans and like I said, it didn't used to be a bad hosting service.

I heard that Rebecca is the owner of CyberPixels. I don't know who Ben is exactly. Just an admin I guess.

I'm currently with cyberpixels and have thought about moving many times. I was first put on Torgo and within a few eeks asked to be moved to a more stable server, aphex. I can't say it's been smooth sailing from there, but vastly better. There have been a few arguments about CP overloading servers and in those arguments, valid points were made, but I haven't been witness to any of those problems. I think most people just stay because they are too lazy to move. In my case, I had someone over at E-Starr convince me to stay!

As for Shi, I'm sorry she left. She really must have taken a lot of customers with her. HostRadius seems to be doing well, as is E-Starr. CP won't get a great review from me, even though they are doing better now. Their staff is disorganized and doesn't seem to be communicating well to one another, for instance Ben does not know what Rebecca does. Also, Torgo is still up and there are still people on it. CP needs to get rid of Torgo. People aren't going to be lazy forever.
    I'm a web designer: HIRE ME

yep, i'm STILL on torgo - even after three requests to be moved and NUMEROUS downtimes [granted most of the were samll except this last one that was 14 hours... "\]

But yeah, today was the day I finally stopped being lazy and found a new home.

I think the main reason is that the customers don't have credit cards and pay annually, so they feel like they have no choice but to wait it out.

I heard most of their servers come from the same provider (aside from Torgo), so it's kind of odd that Wind (which I was on) did so well compared to the others.
    It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed... DOOMED!

I think the major problem I had is they said they had 24/7 tech service, but the live chat operator they have is never on. There is always a "backlog" of help desktickets. And the tickets that carry any weight are ones to sign up for a new account or cancel an old one. It's like they didn't care as long as you paid them, and if you were going to stop paying them they wanted off their server ASAP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast