Advice Needed on how to sell / market "photos" domains

I'm posting here because I own several domains, a few which I'm not using anymore and would like to sell.

I have no experience in selling domains and I'm not comfortable with the idea of sending a stranger an unsolicited email message asking them if they might be interested in my domain.

The domains I'm interested in marking somehow are SFphotos.net , LAphotos.net , and SFimages.net

I'm not sure how much of a market, if any, exisits for these three domains. I'm thinking that sfphotos might appeal to San Francisco photos, science-fiction photos, Sante Fe photos etc. Also, there are some photographers with the initials "S.F" that sometimes use "sfphotos" as their email address alias, but might not own a domain or web site.

I'm thinking laphotos might appeal to a photo store in Los Angeloes, a Los Angelos photography studio, business, or photographer. (or someone with the initials L.A.)

The third domain, sfimages, would be a similar situation to sfphotos I suppose.

Again, I'm very new to this, simply looking for advice, and I'm trying to acomplish this endeaver by the most diplomatic means possible.

I have no experience in marketing or selling domains and seeking advice from experienced individuals in this industry for feedback and suggestions.

Thank You

Nice photos of the Parthenon

You can approach directly parties that would be interested, as you mentioned. Make the email sound as much personalized as possible - so that it won't be considered unsolicited. Non-generic names are harder to sell, especially at marketplaces like eBay, Afternic etc. Most important, put some content up signifying that the site is alive and place a notice that potential buyers should contact you. Lastly, don't be disappointed if the domains don't sell; let them expire and move on

Thanks for your comments on this. I agree that a very personalized email is probably okay.

Also, I have no idea what these are worth. Perhaps I'd be willing to sell these low enough just to recover some of my costs of becoming a domain addict the past couple of years.
    Originally posted by timechange
    Nice photos of the Parthenon
    I see you've tracked down my Europe photos

You have PM

About the photos from Greece, I had to review them all; it's my home country

Thanks again for your advice and I'll check out your web page/forum. Also, I think I might do what you're doing and try to sell them individually on eBay.