www.sbyweb.net any thoughts??

any thoughts on www.sbyweb.net
    i'm looking at them as a new host

loki, sbyweb.net seems to be a new startup. while that is not a bad thing, i would do an interview with them to see if they hold up. I have seen him/her around the forums, so i'm sure if you do a search you can get the rep's email address, or just email sales@.

be sure to ask such questions as refund policy, money back guarantee, how long they've been in business, #of staff, etc...

if you've got your doubts, then start looking again...

good luck
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-08-2002 at 03:03 AM.

They just started on 8/31/02. A little over 1 week ago. How can anyone have comments? Other then the friends of the company that posted in another thread about them.

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    They just started on 8/31/02. A little over 1 week ago. How can anyone have comments? Other then the friends of the company that posted in another thread about them.
    My Rule 1: know thy host. check bbb.org. check state corporate records. check the top five forum sites. check bizjournals.com forget the host ranking sites.
    My Rule 2: never go with a start-up host unless you know where they came from. If they (usually a tech) spun-off from good company OK. If they (again usually a tech, sometimes a co-owner) left because of they didnt like the poor services given and wanted to do better OK.
    My Rule 3: if you been burned by a no name host before, go with a well known name. if nobody has heard of them before, you will not receive any honest unbiased feedback.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

hello,

I talked to them recently in live chat...
    they seemed pretty decent. In fact i was going to sign up with them up untill i heard that they were barley a week old.

Ill give them a couple of months before i sign up with them