Thread: PerlDesk

PerlDesk

Hello! I am having some problems w/ perldesk.. Anyone that could help me out please reply to this post :-) Thanks a lot.
    Max
    Web Hosting Talk Community Guide

Um.... Isn't this the wrong forum for this? Maybe the tech forum instead?

And we need a little more information to be able to help you out. Exactly what problem are you having?
    Fire extinguisher extraordinare
    -------------------------------
    FastServers.Net NOC Admin

What is the problem your having exactly?

Unhappy nothing showing up

I've installed perldesk, but whe I try and log in using the default login all I see is a blank screen.......

any help will be appreciated
    Andrew (Andy) Leavens
    www.dovescom.com
    Canadian Hosting

I had the same type of problem when I installed it. Make sure you have put in the correct Full Data Paths that it asks for ... ie. /home/user/http/cgi-bin/ ... etc. Whatever it is on your server. If you're not sure, use <? phpinfo() ?> to find out what it is. That should solve the problem.

path

Originally posted by AboveCenter
    I had the same type of problem when I installed it. Make sure you have put in the correct Full Data Paths that it asks for ... ie. /home/user/http/cgi-bin/ ... etc. Whatever it is on your server. If you're not sure, use <? phpinfo() ?> to find out what it is. That should solve the problem.

I've got the path right...but still not working(checked it 3 times)....anyway ....
    Andrew (Andy) Leavens
    www.dovescom.com
    Canadian Hosting

Re: path

Originally posted by aleavens
    I've got the path right...but still not working(checked it 3 times)....anyway ....
    Sorry, that's how I fixed mine. I thought I had it right, but when I checked my PHP info it was a little different than I typed. I learned it was my problem from this site:

http://www.innerjoin.org/perlDesk/ho...erlDesk-tables

If that's not the problem, I'd recommend trying to re-install. I also had a problem with the e-mail sending, but after I re-installed, it worked fine. Good luck!

Lightbulb I May Be Able to Help!

Hello,

I'm quite familiar with PerlDesk as I know the developer quite well.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to help fix the issue. Please send me some details in a PM on how I may reach you outside this forum, so I can provide you with some one-on-one technical support regarding your issue.

the issue is resolved, I had a freind wh is in to perl. he was able to resolve it. thank you for the offer.
    Andrew (Andy) Leavens
    www.dovescom.com
    Canadian Hosting

Andrew,

Anytime, you need help with something feel free to drop me a line. It's what I like doing most, helping others when I can.

Now this Perldesk is doing my bloody head in. I have done all whats needed and everytime I try to run admin.cgi I get this:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Any help?

Brian

I looked at the error logs for this site and it says the following:

Can't locate MD5.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i38$
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at admin.cgi line 28.
    [Mon Sep 16 23:28:30 2002] [error] [client XXX.XXX.XX.XXX] Premature end of script headers: /home/virtual/site#/fst/var/www/cgi-bin$

ANy clues?

is the md5 module installed?

According to the script that comes with Perldesk. It says all ok? here

Will this scheck tell me if its installed?

Thanks,

Brian

It's telling you that MD5.pm is not installed or installed incorrectly. Re-intall MD5.pm and it should work.