Angry Network Solutions

I have always used network solutions as my registrar until today when I found out that they were giving control of my accounts to their affiliates without my authorization. The affiliate terminated my account because I didn't want to use them as a host anymore and network solutions doesn't seem to care or see anything wrong with this. This doesn't seem quite legal to me considering the contract I entered for the domain name was with network solutions and not their affiliate. I am looking for a GOOD registrar that isn't going to be passing control of my account and locking me out of it without my authorization or knowledge.

Well, I was never able to transfer my domain, or do anything with it. I don't use them anymore, and they overcharge...

I have domains at

- netsol:
    have moved most of them to other places by now.

- registerfly:
    the support is not that good and they seem to have billing issues. the domain manager is a bit messed up, but lets you manage everything.

- godaddy:
    now they have a good domain manager, but they send emails to your clients, if you also register domains for clients. also had problems transferring away from them. the sig-up is messy, because they try to sell you additional features.

-namecheap:
    they are a enom reseller and i started to move all domains there. the domain manager is simple and good, support is fast and they do not give passwords away to anyone. like them very much.

Although I really don't know a heck of a lot about the company, I have used itsyourdomain.com for years. The prices are good, service is good and so far, knock on wood, never any problems.

why not something like enom????
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

I have helped my clients transfer out of netsol Daily for the past 2 years. Not hard to do - just keep at it.

You should telephone the evil netsol and jump through whatever hoops they want you to.
    It's probably not impossible to regain control over your domain.
    NetSol just makes it difficult.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I have talked to them several times now and not only can I not get control of my domain name back they deleted it because they didn't think I wanted it anymore because I didn't want to use their hosting services. Even better they are telling me that I cannot even repurchase it for a month because that is when it will become open again. In the mean time my email for that business and website are both down for a month.

It costs less than $10 to leave netsol to much better registrars.
    Stare*gate
    www.Godaddy.com
    www.Joker.com

etc - just keep away from register.com - ok?

I have domains in both Netsol and Godaddy, They are both good. I have been never used Netsol's hosting service but never have any problem either.

i've been using www.itsyourdomain.com for myself for the last few years, and haven't had any problems with them. the few times i've e-mailed them, i've recieved a fairly quick response and i've never had to fight them about anything.

As nobody else has, I'll suggest http://www.directnic.com

I find them to be excellent. No billing issues, no tech problems and on the several occasions I've submitted a ticket to ask a question, I've never waited longer than 1 hour for a reply!
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!