Question addaction, anyone tried em?

I just found found this forum. I have recently signed up with Imhosted.com, which after reading some of the threads here,
    looks like may have been a big mistake. Has anyone here tried
    addaction.net? They offer what looks to be a good package,
    with the oscommerce, which is what i am looking for.

Thanks

Addaction.net So far looks good.

Well i went ahead and took them up on the offer 9.95 setup fee
    free hosting for 6 months. Just had a problem with my web protect in cpanel. The response was imediate, and fixed in less
    than 5 minutes. The servers seem to to be pretty fast. I still
    have my account with Imhosted and it takes forever for for the
    pages to come up. Imhosted is gone.So we will see what happens
    I just hope these guys stick around.

Newpoint

...newpoint... i have a feeling you can count on addaction to be around and on top of things... one of the forums they host is the forum for the interchange shopping cart users and developers at http://www.interchangeville.com...

...i wasn't aware of oscommerce as part of their service... must come with the CPanel...

...good luck...
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...

Thanks Muse for the info.

I looked for about 6 months for a decent web commerce package,
    I did look at interchange, but felt like i would be in over my head with it. There seems to be good support for oscommerce over on their forums. oscommerce.com. I dont think oscommerce has anything to do with cpanel either. I beleive that addaction just
    started offering the osc package. Again thanks for info on them.

I know that some hosting providers have added oscommerce to newer CPanel skins. The user can install oscommerce right from the CPanel, as shown here:

AUTO INSTALLER MANAGEMENT

OScommerce Shopping Cart
    PerlDesk
    phpBB2 Bulletin Board
    Invision Board
    OpenBB
    paBox
    b2 (News)
    PHPauction
    4images Gallery
    PHProjekt
    PHP-Nuke
    Post-Nuke
    phpLinks
    phpAdsNews
    phpWebSite
    phpBook
    Advanced Poll (SQL Version)
    Advanced Poll (Text Version)
    ===============
    You're right about Interchange - steep learning curve, but offers more versatility in the long run if the user needs more versatility. Good luck! DD
    Last edited by Diana777; 09-11-2002 at 12:42 AM.

We haven't included OSCommerce yet in our Cpanel setup. We do install it without charge if customers request it or if they sign up for our special OSCommerce package.

Both applications have there pros and cons. For an easier out of the box setup OSC is great. To reach a highly customizable store front Interchange is better.

For many hosts that have Interchange, due to Cpanel, it would be better to offer OSCommerce as it does not require as much processor power and working of PHP it does not require to maintain a separate server.
    Providing YOUR Internet Action!

www.addaction.net

I know this is a bit off-topic, but can anyone tell me where to get this auto-installer from? Thanks

TheMMIz... try this link... http://cpanelthemes.com/shop/product...products_id=29 ...

...from that site...
    Fantastico Auto-Installer 50.00 US$

Click to enlarge
    Fantastico is an amazing CPanel/PHP based Web application. It integrates with CPanel and will AUTOMATICALLY install following Open Source Applications into your clients' web space:

OS Commerce (ex The Exchange Project)
    PHP-Nuke
    phpLinks
    PHPauction
    PHProjekt
    phpWebSite (english version)
    phpBB2
    Post-Nuke

Fantastico REQUIRES CPanel. It will NOT work with other servers!
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...

is it just me, or does Fantastico not create the "includes" folder when automatically installing PHP-Nuke?
    Have you Floble'd today?

Sorry to revive a long dormant thread but I thought I'd do this rather than creating a new thread.

Are there any other testimonials from AddAction.net customers?

Their current 6 FREE MONTHS sounds great, all you pay upfront is the $9.95 setup fee, after 6 months has passed it's only $6.95/mo (or you have to pay for 6 months, I'm confused???)

On top of that they have a great affiliate program all I need is 10 people to sign up, I get credited $0.69 per account per month and my webhosting is free for life.

Feedback please!

RossMan

I started this topic, I still have my account at addaction, and I would have to say that I have been pleased with their service. Anytime that I have had a problem or question, they have been quick to respond. If you have questions, email them. I am not sure about the
    payment deal, it is 6.95 after the six months free, but I do not know if you have to pay it all at once or not.

Originally posted by newpoint
    I started this topic, I still have my account at addaction, and I would have to say that I have been pleased with their service.
    Now I'm confused. A portion of your origional post...

Originally posted by newpoint
    Has anyone here tried
    addaction.net? They offer what looks to be a good package,
    with the oscommerce, which is what i am looking for.

For Curtis

Look at the dates, this topic was started in September 2002, My last post was a reply to RossMan .

Now it makes sense. Didn't notice. Guess the post count threw me off.

OSCommerce is no longer just available from Fantastico in CPanel, it is now an addon. The installs I tried were decent, but it's using a beta verision of OS Commerce.

True. OSCommerce can now also be installed via Cpanel.

We don't use Fantastico but a different autoinstaller and it does more than just install a basic store than Cpanel does. It let's you setup some basic information as to name of the store and other preferences. It also automatically protects the Admin directory with a password.

Anton
    Providing YOUR Internet Action!

www.addaction.net