Thread: Shopping carts

Shopping carts

I need some advice on emplementing a shopping cart system on my server. I currently use Ensim CP and I understand it can use Miva.
    Are there other options out there compatible with the ensim package?

Thanks,

Bob

OSCommerce. Eitehr do it yourself, or you can try this method here:

http://forums.rackshack.net/showthre...&threadid=8651

I havent tried that how to so I can not say.

I offer OSCommerce to my hosting customers as my e-commerce solution. I also offer very reasonable setup and customization prices. Setup really isn't too hard, and its constantly improving.
    Jeff Schwandt ([email protected])
    Realm-Net Hosting (www.realm-net.com)
    "Affordable web sites for you and your business."

You can avail the services of www.uniqhost.com

I've read on Ensim's forum that some people have gotten other carts to work...but with some effort. The Miva Empressa platform comes free with Ensim so all you have to do is buy the licenses and their partner program is not that bad.

I got them to waive the yearly fee....the Empressa fee....and you get a huge discount on the licenses. You have to buy at least 10 to start though.

What payment processors?

Hi!

I've been reading a lot about OSCommerce lately. Visited their site in a bit of a hurry, but couldn't find any info on this:

What payment processors does OSCommerce install with the default install? And, I'm sure you can't list them all, but are you aware of which payment processors are supported, but require the installation of additional modules / libraries?

I'm a small reseller who HAD been reselling for MyCart.net as our shopping cart provider. Great system, but they raised their prices on us twice in a year, so I was actually losing money on them.

I've spent the six weeks switching hosting providers and moving all my customer accounts over, rewriting my FAQ, etc., and now I need to get up-to-speed fast on a good shopping cart solution or two.

My new provider appears to be about to offer OSCommerce as a CPanel clickable-install on all their sites. Not sure yet what version.

They have a few other shopping carts already set up as quick clickable-installs for customers, but I hear they're older or clunkier.

So, as I said, I need to evaluate shopping cart solutions fast, choose a couple, and plan installation and support. And I think it's best to start with what payment processors one would recommend to their clients (based on their average client's size and needs) and work backwards.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

-= Dave =-

OScommerce is a very powerful application and isn't that difficult to tame. Offhand, I don't remember what the default payment modules are, but adding extras is typically dropping in a few files into a directory and voila. I'd check for you, but my hosting company (Hostpacket) went to hell and I closed my accounts, still shopping around....

According to their site (http://www.oscommerce.com/about.php/gateways), the payment gateways that osCommerce can use are: 2checkout.com, PalPal, Authorize.net, PsiGate, iPayment, and SECPay (hey, is that SEC as in college football?).
    Jeff Schwandt ([email protected])
    Realm-Net Hosting (www.realm-net.com)
    "Affordable web sites for you and your business."

jaschwa,

Thanks! I actually DID try searching their FAQ, but I searched for "processor" and "processors". Didn't think of using the term "gateways".

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Thankx for the replies.............. I'll check the suggested vendors out. I see that Miva would be easily intergrated, now for some price haggeling

RS