Thread: Kualo.com

Exclamation Kualo.com

Hi,

Does anybody here host with Kualo.com?? I cant seems to reach my mail server. Error msg "Cpanel License has expired"!!!!

Re: Kualo.com

Originally posted by stevenL
    Hi,

Does anybody here host with Kualo.com?? I cant seems to reach my mail server. Error msg "Cpanel License has expired"!!!!
    That line is starting to become more common that the blue screen of death.. I know that has been happening alot lately but they are usually quick to fix it.. As long as your not on one of Timmah's servers you should be ok

Yeah!!! What is a goin' on?
    Ask: WebHost, How old are You?
    What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

phew!....now its back online.....

I believe they had an issue with the motherboard of one of the servers.. should be fine now.

24hrs later and the server is back up but email, mysql and cpanel are still not working properly

Don't worry -- they're working on it.
    Have you Floble'd today?

Everything looks normal now.

there are still probs with mysql and cpanel they say it will be resolved in another 5 hours....

Hello Guys,

We are doing the best we can. As you will be aware, the original hard drive crashed, we replaced it with a brand new drive, copied the data over, rebooted - the second drive crashed. So we tried again with a third drive, copied the data over, rebooted, the third drive crashed. Now we have replaced the motherboard and installed another hard drive, we did a live copy of the contents so that we could host your sites whilst repairing the damage to reduce the downtime as much as possible. The server is back online and only ten sites that are not MySQL dependent are not working, the rest are. Email and Cpanel are (AFAIK) working although as a result of the MySQL errors there are still some problems. Cpanel skins have returned to the default ones but this is also being worked on, and Nick Koston at Cpanel is looking at this for us. Copying the data takes time, and the fact that we had to copy three times over didn't help. I'm sure many hosts out there will be able to sympathise with this tough situation - we have it under control, its just taking time.

This is a very unusual set of circumstances and techs have been up all night and all day working on resolving this for you. We have been in constant communication with you guys and if you had a question we've responded almost always in under 5 minutes flat with a detailed response. This is a highly unusual set of circumstances, and we offer our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience that you have been caused. We have restored all user data however there is some fine tuning still to be done with the regard to certain files in /var/ - mysql, cpanel etc. Rest assured that we are working on this at the moment. If you do have any questions or queries "talk to us". We're here, and we're listining. We're ignoring no-one.

The level of problems we have experienced tonight on one of the servers has been phenominal, but we are coping, we are not running away, and we are here for you 24/7 fixing the problems and offering you support when you need us. As a way of apologising we have even made some very nice upgrades to the server.

I would like to thank those clients who have offered their continued support throughout this time. These things happen, and we are 100% on top of it and will hopefully be back to normal operations as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jo Stonehouse
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

I can confirm that Kualo has responded to any questions that I sent to their helpdesk extremly fast and would like to thank you guys for this because from my experience some hosts hide away when things go bad but you guys are different and I hope everything gets sorted soon.

Kualo Problems :)

Hi all,

I can also confirm that Kualo have certainly kept on top of the support during the problems with the server. Helpdesk responses are answered within 5 minutes, and they are very helpful.

I feel that in a situation such as this, the most important thing is to have great support, and to be confident that your host is doing the best they possibly can to rectify the problems as fast as possible. I feel that I get this and more from Kualo, so I will not consider changing hosts. All hosts have their bad days, and this one was a particulary bad one for Kualo I can't even imagine the stress of having three hard drives corrupt on you in a row!

Best Regards,

Craig Luke.

uh... twhosts, aka craig luke... don't you *work* for kualo?

Yeah there support is great but the server has been down for some time now. How long does it possibly take to install a hdd that works and restore from a backup so everything works? I havent been able to access my mysql sites and more importantly my email! for 48hrs so I would really apriate these problems to be resolved ASAP or it will be time to look elsewhere for my hosting requirement.

Ultimately mark this is your choice. I will say though, that we can only work as fast as the data centre can and I am on the phone to them regularly - the problems are more complicated than a simple backup restore and believe me I wish it were as simple. I can offer to transfer you and your sites to a new server if you so wish which although will take time to propagate with your registrar, this will offer a solution to resolve the issues on a permanent basis.

Please advise.

Regards,

Jo

Hi Chundle,

Well - I am actually a customer of Kualo - hence the business name: Tailored Web Hosts.

This evening I offered to help out on the helpdesk, because I know that a lot of the normal techs are off ill, and some are on holiday. During this rather busy time, I thought that this would be useful, just to help keep people up to date, and allow the techs to carry on sorting out the problems.

Hope that this clears it up. When I posted the above, I had not even considered making the offer yet.

Regards,

Craig Luke.
    TWHosts
    (twhosts.com)

@ jstonehouse - i'll give it a little more time because by the time i've found a new host and the domain has propagated kualo will probably be back up so i'll wait patiently for a little longer only because kualo has been good in the past that i think its worth waiting for, nevertheless it is extremly frustrating not to be able to answer my emails.

You said on the previous page that email was working as far as you know but i cant get into it via outlook or via neomail in cpanel, is there any other way that i can get into it or anything i need to change my end?

Also when everything is fixed would it be possible for a breakdown of exactly what has happened since the new working hdd went in, in regard to mysql and some other things not working because in the updates in the helpdesk they are regarded to as issues and in the latest update it says that they can only be resolved by burst. The technical details for why things are not working would at least put my own mind at rest. Also there are a lot of people on here who may have had the issue that is causing mysql not to work properly and may be able to offer advice/assistance to resolve the issue faster.

Regards,

Mark

You said on the previous page that email was working as far as you know but i cant get into it via outlook or via neomail in cpanel, is there any other way that i can get into it or anything i need to change my end?
    Your email should now be fixed - all that we needed was for you to open a ticket about this and we can resolve. If there are still issues: http://helpdesk.kualo.com

I have just got off the phone to Herb at Burst and they are looking at completely reinstalling Cpanel. Again, if you need updates, this isn't the best place. Please use the helpdesk and we will respond there to all further queries you may have.

We will provide a complete breakdown of everything that happened as soon as we are able to resolve the issues, all latest announcements can be found in the helpdesk.

Very best regards,

Jo Stonehouse

Great stuff i'm happy now i can access my email

Thanks,

Mark