Unhappy Hostpacket - DUDE where's my site ?

Hostpacket is my first host. I just want to know is this normal for sites to come and go. It's so hard to promote my site because it might not be there. I'm even afraid to tell my friends I have a web site. They were great for the first 3 weeks but this 4th week as been hell.

Do you think they can survive this?

Should I expect this from other host if I switch?

Would you stay?

I have there basic package any other host offers same.

Dude i have no idea, sorry dude

why hang with that? start shopping!
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

I agree, many hosts out there dieing for your business...

You're a "refugee" now by force (sucks!) Most hosts have special deals for you and would be more than willing to help you get re-setup.
    Ronnie T. Moore, Founder/Owner
    AlwaysWebHosting.com Friendly, feature-packed Cpanel hosting, that can't be beat!
    cPanel 11 Fantastico Multiple-Domain hosting (Host up to 25 domains with one account!)
    Sales/Support via phone, email, help desk, forums, FAQ's, instant messenger, live chat

trugeek -- you may want to do some searches on this forum for threads regarding Hostpacket. Most issues regarding them have already been discussed (over and over and over again).

That said -- if you don't like your service, then by all means find a new host. Try searching this forum or post a new message asking for opinions on which hosts are reputable and provide the best service. Lots of people will be happy to share their experiences with you.

Good luck in your search, and welcome to WebHostingTalk
    Jeremy [email protected]
    Front Drive Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

thanks for advise TRIBBY but, it was this forum that gave good opinions about hostpacket . Most issuses regarding them may have been discussed (over and over and over again). But now they are being discussed by me.

If I was you I would have been looking 4 weeks ago. You can try to get a refund but I hear no one has been getting them so chance of that are slim.. look around for a while and find a good dependable host.. If your willing to spend a little more I suggest site5.com and futurequest.com they have both been known to have very good uptime and support for long periods of time..

Yeah, I would be looking for a diffrent host.

http://www.hostpacket.net/datacenter.php , it says the servers are colo-ed isn't that false advertising? RS doesn't offer colo...

I signed up after reading a few good comments about HostPacket here at WHT. Sometimes you just can't tell who is going out next.

Gave them my charge card number and my site never even got up. After 4 days I still could not login. Emailed to cancel.

Thats the last I've heard from them. No refund. No apology.

Get out now.

Originally posted by iamdave
    http://www.hostpacket.net/datacenter.php , it says the servers are colo-ed isn't that false advertising? RS doesn't offer colo...
    I would say you're 100% right dave. I don't think its fair to say that a web host could mis-understand difference between leased and co-location (client-owned!)
    Ronnie T. Moore, Founder/Owner
    AlwaysWebHosting.com Friendly, feature-packed Cpanel hosting, that can't be beat!
    cPanel 11 Fantastico Multiple-Domain hosting (Host up to 25 domains with one account!)
    Sales/Support via phone, email, help desk, forums, FAQ's, instant messenger, live chat

Originally posted by webellian
    I signed up after reading a few good comments about HostPacket here at WHT. Sometimes you just can't tell who is going out next.

Gave them my charge card number and my site never even got up. After 4 days I still could not login. Emailed to cancel.

Thats the last I've heard from them. No refund. No apology.

Get out now.
    Start Charging Back.

Has anybody seen or heard from the owner?
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

They give money back guarantee. Take your money back and change the host.

Originally posted by floppy
    They give money back guarantee. Take your money back and change the host.
    Ha Ha Ha...Money Back Guarentee. Heh Heh.

I don't think old Kev is honoring that much. My case was I signed up for a year in advance. Before did that I asked if I'd get a prorated refund if I needed to cancel or switch for some reason during that year term. Kevin said YES. But now I've tried to cancel and get my prorated refund and no communication at all.

Now it seems that his new support people have left him after his original ones did. So the dude is in some serious trouble. And a sad matter is that I had a friend with them also who tried to use the LIVE CHAT on HP's site....and Kevin was in there trying to sign up new registrations!

Oh...how have your credit card companies been with your chargeback requests?

StateDOG

"Hostpacket - DUDE where's my site ?"

sound like a movie title.

Dont forget to request a chargeback.
    Kevin will see how far he goes with his scam.