Exclamation Alabanza's ordering system and fraud

I need to find other companies with Alabanza(if there are any) that have been bitten by the guy from Asia that has placed tens of thousands .01(sometimes 1.01) orders through Alabanza's ordering system. We just found out that we have been charged .30 for each of those transactions. So, we are talking many thousands of dollars here. We think Alabanza should be held responsible for this because their system allowed the orders to be placed with only an "x" given as account information. I have contacted Alabanza and they said that it is not their fault. They said that other client's of theirs have gotten their money back from the virtual banks because it is clearly fraud. The problem is our virtual bank does not see it that way. If someone has been able to get their money back, I need to know who their bank/card company is so that I may be able to put my company in contact with them.

This is most likely the last straw with Alabanza... We are now in the market for a new server provider...

You may just want to start your own .htaccess list of lame IP's

I did this. A couple months ago I found a great list from a guy but he recently changed his policy so I won't forward you to his site. I have a copy of the list if you want it, I got it prior to his user agreements. We have had virtually no fraud since then.

email me if you want it

[email protected]

I don't think that would have worked because Alabanza's support people were blocking IPs left ansd right with no luck. We even shut the order forms and order system down and the orders still did not stop! They were coming in at a rate of over one per second for almost three days. They were able to stop him for brief periods but he would come back with another IP.

The kicker is, all the while we were pleading with support to get this stopped, all they would say is "we have to wait until monday for the programmers to come to work and make a fix."

We have this list on an Alabanza server and since we put it there, we got no more 1 cent charges (we had a few also). But as soon as it started I placed this list and it helped. It's a pretty fascist list cause it blocks some anominizers and most of asia and eastern europe. But again we have not had any bogus orders since then. Well, we had one now that I remember

What we did is set the .htaccess to deny many of these networks and so on, then we wrote our custom 403 error page that explains that it is possible that if you see the site but cannot order that you are coming from this type of network.

We then suggest to call us directly or email us.

We had a guy from New Zealand who could not order, but we figured how to open up for him.

Anyways, as I said, it's yours if you want it.

I know some folks have had bad experiences with alabanza but ours are pretty good.

Phone support could improve though

Regards ....

Re: Alabanza's ordering system and fraud

Originally posted by vhead
    I need to find other companies with Alabanza(if there are any) that have been bitten by the guy from Asia that has placed tens of thousands .01(sometimes 1.01) orders through Alabanza's ordering system.
    This same thing has happened to our company as well. Send me a PM. I'd like to discuss this further with you.

Thanks!

That was really bad. We were also considering them, but now we will have to think twice

Don't do it!!!!! ... It would be the biggest mistake of your life. Alabanza is a sinking ship and you'll go down with it if you run your business through them!!!!!