Confused....Please Help Site Design

Hello....I recently had this template

http://www.n3m.net/n3m/index.htm

for sale in the related offers section however, I didn't get anyone to buy it. I received good comments however no one wanted it.

I was asking $150 for it...

Whats the problem with it?

Thanks

Fill it in now. Most people cant see their sites in their in their head. You need to make up some packages and place them in the site.

For future refrence a template or comp should look like the site would if it was FULLY completed. As if you had logged into the first page.

Examples of mine: http://www.level3i.com/works.html

It is easier for people to look at and say "yeah, that is cool and I could see my site like that" if there is content.

I never thought of that..Thank You Anything else?

If you could resize the site that would be better.

Ummm, Bigger? Smaller?

Ummm, Bigger? Smaller?
    Smaller. Resize your header. The site is well made but looks bit big.

Well.. I don't think it's too big, so I suppose that's personal preference (and screen resolution?).

It's a great template! But selling templates on WHT has become a joke. For some reason the twits on this forum expect pixelbrick templates for $30 (okay, minor exaggeration there). You'd be very lucky to get $150 for it here, and I think it's worth more than that. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Originally posted by lovelie
    Well.. I don't think it's too big, so I suppose that's personal preference (and screen resolution?).

It's a great template! But selling templates on WHT has become a joke. For some reason the twits on this forum expect pixelbrick templates for $30 (okay, minor exaggeration there). You'd be very lucky to get $150 for it here, and I think it's worth more than that. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
    Some twits, not everyone.
    Most people on here dont realize that a PB design and evelopment project costs from $20k to $60k. They also will spread that out over a 24 month period.

They have great designs but will soon fade like the new girl next door. It happens to everybody.

My projects average about $6 to $20k and I find that works for most of my clients. I have been hammered for 3 months straight.

Good luck, templates dont move to fast here.

Hmmm... your template looks good, but not worth 150$. You will have to spend some more time on it.

After looking at the site, I just ick, ick ick.
    I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not for me. Here's why:
    Where's the room for content?
    When I design an site, a page, I need my space for content, not just a small, dinky frame for it, that's a waste of my time, and a waste of client's time?
    I'd rather have a page that allows me to view more content per page, than have to pour through a million small pages to get the grasp of what I want.

As someone else said, it's definitely not a $150 site or template. Even if it was for me, $150 is a bit much to ask for any template.

its not such a bad design. your real problem is your marketplace. here, you'll find a lot of people who need designs. but most of them seeem to be 15 year olds who are reselling hosting, and dont have $150. the people who actually are serious about their business and have the money to spend already have designs. so where is a good place to sell? wish i knew....

I understand. I think that we are going to try and go after the local market and see what happens...

re: pricing

Dear Trance,

We do not charge extra just for our name.

"Some twits, not everyone.
    Most people on here dont realize that a PB design and evelopment project costs from $20k to $60k. They also will spread that out over a 24 month period."

It may come as a surprise but we are failry priced and our prices start as low as $5k for full sites.
    And can go up higher than $60k.
    And that includes not just design yet also significant amounts of business consulting.

All that people have to realize here is that we are the ones quoting projects and not people that speculate about our pricing

Payment plans are implemented only in certain special cases.

"They have great designs but will soon fade like the new girl next door. It happens to everybody. "

Very interesting crystall ball statement about "everybody".

"My projects average about $6 to $20k and I find that works for most of my clients. I have been hammered for 3 months straight. "

Congratulations and well wishes in work.

PixelBrick Team

Wow, well that would be nice if you commented on the site. But yea. Maybe that would have been more appropriate as a PM but anyhow. I haven't seen you here so welcome to the board I guess.

Neo

Thanks.

Will comment on the site in a little bit. That takes some time to analyze

Design

Hey Neo,

Yeap some of our PixelBrick people decided to start commenting on some stuff that is being made up here about us

As for your design... Here are some general suggestions on improving it. And some general opinions.

1) you have to much vertical space taken up - which takes away from the most important thing > content.
    If you remove the second header bar right below the menu icons - this will give more room for content

2) as was already mentioned, always fill a sketch up with actual content. Even if just dummny greeked text - yet better actually copy relevant to the industry its made for

3) Avoid being overly reduntant.
    It says in 3spots "welcome" - once is enough usually

4) give all elements a purpose on the page. The guy that takes up half the screen with the cube do not convey any message.. while again taking a lot of space away from content.

5) Logo will always look more professional when its small and confined to its own space rather than being overlaid over the whole header.

6) Try to make imagery convey a message. The top header looks nice but again has very little meaning to a user that visits this site the first time

7) Last but not least... Try to find local clients to create designs for.. To do it right takes way to much time to justify selling it as a 150USD template.

I could go on and on yet the key is for you to put yourself in the customers shoes and take it from there, and realize all those things based on evaluating user experience rather than just being told a formula.. since there is none

All the best to you.

1 PixelBrick

Thank You, I have been thinking and you are 1000% correct. I will work on it. I already have plans to take the laptop out for a stroll in the biz park on monday. Thank You Again