Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BestOntheNet ripped Hostway

I was asking for some kinda offer when some ripper bumped into me, this company has a seriuos problem opf jacking graphics and styles:

original: www.hostway.com
    ripped: www.bestonthenet.com

THis is very sad...

Uhh how did they ripped hostway? They look different.

my thoughts exactly

The graphics, page layout is same, only colors r different, tahst a rip, i bet they paid u for saying that...

rippers deserve to die! they shouldn't have clients!

Originally posted by Prash
    The graphics, page layout is same, only colors r different, tahst a rip, i bet they paid u for saying that...
    ????

How do you know it's a rip?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

damn, look at the graphics and layout. its the same only they changed the colors thats a rip!

Originally posted by Prash
    rippers deserve to die! they shouldn't have clients!
    Flamers deserve to . . . . uh . . . . be flamed.

Again, I will ask; how do you KNOW that one ripped the other?

hostway has had that design since years. i used to be their customer, anyway think about it, look at hostway its much better and neater abnd look at the other, ugly dosn't match + the company is small, hostway is a bug company, and i know they will never do it....

In other words; you've contacted neither company to substantiate your claim.

Well, that says enough about that.

its a rip and thats it...

the graphics on those sites don't look the same at all

Originally posted by Dymension X
    Uhh how did they ripped hostway? They look different.
    hostway.com changed the home page recently, they used to have the graphics that bestonthenet.com (small bussines, and mid/large bussines)

If you take a look, hostway still have those graphics but on the right margin and a lot smallest now.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Looks nothing like a rip
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

Is it just me (and I may be blind) but do they not look NOTHING alike?? I haven't looked at the source but it doesn't even look like the source could be the same. There are so many sites out nowadays that have different elements from lots of various sites, maybe the designer got their "inspiration" from certain places but it doesn't really look like a blatant rip to me. LOTS of sites have top nav in the form of rectangles... the net goes through trends too, you know.

Guys, it was the old hostways website if u saw old one then it would be rip....

thats exactly like the OLD hostway's design i can garuantee it they ruipped it off cuz hostway added a new design.... rippers!

I agree with Prash here.

The site's not entirely ripped off, but the graphics for Small Business, and Mid/Large Business HAVE been ripped off.

These graphics have been used by Hostway for at least 18 months (I'd been there customer for that long).

Hostway used to use those exact same graphics, same size & everything. They've just shrunk the size of the graphics since their recent site re-organisation.

And Hostway's been around for 7 years with 100,000 customers. Somehow I doubt that Hostway ripped it off the other guys !!

Inspired that`s all. Maybe they ripped those blue icons, but there`s a possibility that those images are free. This sounds more like company bashing
    Freelance designer, providing CHEAP and HIGH QUALITY designs.
    EMail: webmaster[at]phatronic.com
    Y! Messenger ID: phatronic - ICQ: 159396474
    Portfolio: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75511

They did rip some content. Look at the light blue graphics of the buildings. Now look at the *new* Hostway site. Hostway scaled down the graphics to a small size, but they are the same. Also, the old site Hostway was where all this came from.

To me, ripping content, even if no longer in use, is wrong.

The two look different to me. Perhaps I need my eye check up though.

I don't think any Small Businesses or Mid/Large Busiensses would be seriously considering them for Hosting anyway.

Has anyone tried clicking on those 2 links ? They're both dead.

Originally posted by phatronic
    Inspired that`s all. This sounds more like company bashing
    No, the graphics has been ripped off, and the design its a copy

http://web.archive.org/web/200201241...w.hostway.com/
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yes, they've ripped the icons off, but it's a pretty minor offense.

I reckon that ripping photos off, or copying text, is more serious in nature.

And as for the design, I don't think you can copyright a website's "general look & feel". Or if you can, you shouldn't be able to.

And they haven't done a very good job of copying the design anyway. I know which site I think looks more professional. somehow I don't think Hostway will be quaking in their boots at the thought of this competitor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast