Thread: Java Support?

Java Support?

Hello all,

I have a client who is having trouble getting a crossword puzzle script to work on our servers. I do not know the first thing about Java, but I expect that java support (or lack of it) is the reason he is having problems. The following text is in his HTML page:

<APPLET CODE="Grid.class" ARCHIVE="ccjava.zip" NAME="CCXWORD" WIDTH=646 HEIGHT=376>
    <PARAM NAME="DATAFILE" VALUE="pourastiff.ccj">
    <PARAM NAME="SAVE" VALUE="http://www.nixword.coxm/cgi-bin/saveme.pl?http://www.nixword.com/cgi-bin/showp...tml?%PROGRESS% ">
    You need Java enabled to view the crossword applet.
    </APPLET>

Do I need to have some kind of Java support installed on the server for this to work?

If this is not the case, can anyone take a peek at the puzzle and give me a suggestion?
    The Puzzle:
    http://www.nixword.com/pourastiff.html

The puzzle works fine except for the "save" button. When it is pressed, an internal server error pops up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Best regards,
    David Harris

Java applet and scripts are client side, so, the problem shouldn't be in your system configuration.

BTW, I see that it use saveme.pl, check the permission on tha file, has been uploaded as ascii? its the path to perl correct?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yes, this guy seems to be fairly knowledgeable and his paths and permissions are correct. I would assume that he uploaded in ascii, but who knows? The rest of the scripts for the puzzle worked fine, so I assume he did.

Thanks for the response!

Any other ideas?
    David Harris
    WorldWideHosting.net
    Multiple Domain Web Hosting

If you get an internal server error, then the problem its with the perl script, not with java.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore