Need some Reseller Advice...

Alright, time to become a little more educated!!!

For the past couple of months, I've been offering affordable webhosting to small businesses and personal friends online... After a tiny bit of advertising, I get around 1 new client a week. This is where I get a little confused and need some help...

My current reseller account is with onefusion.com. Although I am pleased with the package and price, I cannot put up with the downtime anymore. My downtime for last month was only 7 hours or something which was like 98%, but I can't handle ANY.

My questions are as follows:

1. Who would you recommend with a package within my price range (same as onefusion) with almost same package details? I WANT DAMN NEAR 100% uptime so a price of upto $50 USD is within my range. 800 number would be awesome too.

2. I don't want my clients to see any downtime at all. Seeing as I have access to most of their domains, I can change the DNS servers and move all files and make the process invisible... does this seem best? For the clients who manage their own domains, I can simply call or email.

3. What would happen with my nameservers? Could I keep the same ones?

I know I said I have lots of questions, but to be honest, I am just VERY frustrated with onefusion.com and need a good host with an AMAZING reputation.

lol, as of right now, my domain and my clients domains are all bringing up:
    "
    Hey, it worked !
    The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
    successfully installed on this website.
    "

PATHETIC...

Thanks for your time and patience. Also, if anyone can offer any extra tips when it comes to reselling and changing hosts, etc.

Jeff
    Last edited by Mekhu; 09-06-2002 at 12:03 PM.

I would try MCHost simply because they are a large company that seems stable, the problems they do have im sure will be worked out within a reasonable amount of time...

Or perhaps voxtreme, but in any case since you are switching over you might want to look for a reseller host that has the same control panel you currently have, which is what by the way?

If you have WHM/Cpanel you may want to go to MCHost,, if you have another panel switching to somewhere with a different panel might be a pain, but would be worth it for better quality.

I would go with MCHost personally, just my advice.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Pick a host that has a good reputation for uptime, or post a request in the requests forum.

But yes, you should be able to keep your current name servers, it all depends on the host, and where you registered your name servers.
    Regards,
    Karen
    -----
    Reseller Accounts and Dedicated Servers

Hello.

Thank you for the advice so far.

To answer some of the questions, yes I am using WHM/Cpanel combo which I like very much and won't be moving away from.

As for my nameservers, they were actually setup by the hosting company that setup my domain a long time ago... they are a good company.

If you are using WHM/Cpanel then i think you should go with MCHost and simply switch the users from the current server to MCHost servers, Im sure the would assist you with this to a certain extent as well..........

They have fair pricing, it could be lower, but considering they are a stable company you cant really complain, it costs to be stable in this market... But all around they are really good from what ive seen and heard.

Although i know for a fact that there is a new Reseller Hosting based company in the works that will be an excellent providor with great pricing,,
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Not sure what you mean by "new reseller company" in the works, but to be totally honest, I am done with new companies. After this latest onefusion.com thing, I am sick of it. To have my website online for more than a month without 8 hours of downtime would be a miracle.

Jeff

Re: Need some Reseller Advice...

Originally posted by Mekhu
    3. What would happen with my nameservers? Could I keep the same ones?
    You can keep your same nameservers. You'll just have to replace the IPs for those nameservers when you switch to your new reseller account. Could be just as easy to get new nameservers etc...
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Sounds good.

Well...
    Think about something for a minute..

Every company out there right now at some point was new, if no one ever goes with a new company there will never be another MCHost, Voxtreme, Featureprice, etc...

There are more bad senior hosts then new hosts in my opinion.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Very good and valid point. I guess I'm just a little frustrated considering I am 0 and 2 and just about to strike out

Wanna post or pm me the domain of that new host!?

I cant, lol.. .. they are up yet..
    They are in develpment stages with there data center.. a friend of mine was telling me about the company. But from what i hear they have got all there stuff straight and they are developing an entire network from custom conrol panels, to new monitoring software, etc. in order to setup reseller network.

As far as pricing the only thing he told me was that it would be around or slightly higher than mchost. Higher is no good lol
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

arent up yet, sorry.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

I dont want to post alot of info on the subject because its not my place to, i do know however that they will be partnering and locating there servers at the Pihana facility in L.A.

Link:
    http://www.pihana.com/EN/locla.html
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

it would be around or slightly higher than mchost. Higher is no good
    higher prices can be good if it means higher levels of quality and support.

lower prices may indicate that a host will not be around next year (not indicating anyone here, please do not take offense)

Karen
    Regards,
    Karen
    -----
    Reseller Accounts and Dedicated Servers

Good point, it does not good to have low prices for a month and then loose your connection sending your company down the drain.

Thats true.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

i prefer httpme.com good support
    Fully Managed Server with TRUTH 24x7 In-house Support
    Providing Server in Singapore | Hong kong | Malaysia | USA
    With 9 years of experience in managing server