Dedicated Server for HALF-LIFE

Hello Guys,
    I'm sure that some of you are more familiar with this than me.

I'm currently using a Quad Core AMD 2.2ghz Processor with 4GB of ram on a Windows Server STD edition 2003 32bit.

It will be used to host Counter-Strike game servers but..

1) I would like to know step by step on how to have servers boosted at 1000 FPS.

2) what do guys think is the best ?
    a) windows server 2003 32bit
    b) "" "" 64 bit
    c) fedora 32 bit
    d) "" 64 bit

Thank you for using you're expertise in helping me

question.. does Meta mod works with windows server 2008 ?

The only Windows platform you can run 1000FPS servers out of the box is Windows Server 2008. Other than that most linux/bsd based distributions should be able to run 1000FPS with a little work on the kernel. If you're going to use linux I recommend CentOS

I deal with game servers on the side a lot. I find Linux is more stable than windows, and its cheaper. Everything is cross compatible from AMXX to SourceMod to ... MetaMod.. MetaMod-P (recommended higly over metamod).

MetaMod-P is dynamic on startup. Its more stable.

You want sys_tick higher and fps for better servers. Make sure you have internap bandwidth.

thank you for you're great help,
    I have interap, level3, global and some more .. so the sys_tickrate .. I put it at how much approximatly and where do I put it ? on the game server command line or in the server.cfg

Quote Originally Posted by HG-Daniel View Post
    The only Windows platform you can run 1000FPS servers out of the box is Windows Server 2008. Other than that most linux/bsd based distributions should be able to run 1000FPS with a little work on the kernel. If you're going to use linux I recommend CentOS
    I have tried to use Windows Server 2008 however when I create a game server with the metamod plugin and I put the booster plugin I get an error msg when I launch HLDS, it says "end now"..
    I'm wondering, with windows server 2008, can I put server at 1000 fps without using such a mod ? if so, what are the configs where do I need to enter them. Thank you

Make sure HPET is enabled in your BIOS if using 2008 to achieve 1000FPS
    Brian F. - Operations Manager
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    PHP 5.3.X & PHP 5.4.X & PHP 5.5.X Support!

8. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com