hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : Game Servers : Dedicated Server for HALF-LIFE

Forum Jump

Dedicated Server for HALF-LIFE

Reply Post New Thread In Game Servers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Dedicated Server for HALF-LIFE

Hello Guys,
I'm sure that some of you are more familiar with this than me.

I'm currently using a Quad Core AMD 2.2ghz Processor with 4GB of ram on a Windows Server STD edition 2003 32bit.

It will be used to host Counter-Strike game servers but..

1) I would like to know step by step on how to have servers boosted at 1000 FPS.

2) what do guys think is the best ?
a) windows server 2003 32bit
b) "" "" 64 bit
c) fedora 32 bit
d) "" 64 bit

Thank you for using you're expertise in helping me

Sponsored Links
Old

question.. does Meta mod works with windows server 2008 ?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

The only Windows platform you can run 1000FPS servers out of the box is Windows Server 2008. Other than that most linux/bsd based distributions should be able to run 1000FPS with a little work on the kernel. If you're going to use linux I recommend CentOS

Sponsored Links
Old
Premium Member

I deal with game servers on the side a lot. I find Linux is more stable than windows, and its cheaper. Everything is cross compatible from AMXX to SourceMod to ... MetaMod.. MetaMod-P (recommended higly over metamod).

MetaMod-P is dynamic on startup. Its more stable.

You want sys_tick higher and fps for better servers. Make sure you have internap bandwidth.

Old

thank you for you're great help,
I have interap, level3, global and some more .. so the sys_tickrate .. I put it at how much approximatly and where do I put it ? on the game server command line or in the server.cfg

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG-Daniel View Post
The only Windows platform you can run 1000FPS servers out of the box is Windows Server 2008. Other than that most linux/bsd based distributions should be able to run 1000FPS with a little work on the kernel. If you're going to use linux I recommend CentOS
I have tried to use Windows Server 2008 however when I create a game server with the metamod plugin and I put the booster plugin I get an error msg when I launch HLDS, it says "end now"..
I'm wondering, with windows server 2008, can I put server at 1000 fps without using such a mod ? if so, what are the configs where do I need to enter them. Thank you

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Make sure HPET is enabled in your BIOS if using 2008 to achieve 1000FPS

PHP 5.3.X & PHP 5.4.X & PHP 5.5.X Support!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - June 20, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-06-20 16:21:36
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - May 23, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 17:06:57
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - April 4, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:22
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – May 10, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:06
Web Host Milesweb Launches Dedicated Server Hosting in India Web Hosting News 2012-12-31 10:53:51