problem with postnuke

I moved a client from one server to another. I moved his postnuke installation, copied the database and the directory. The problem now is that it is not possible to login to postnuke. The correct password is accepted but the user is till logged in as Guest.

I assume there is a cookie problem, but I cant find out how to solve this for my client. It is possble to login from a computer from which none has logged in before.

Any idea how to solve this?

Were there any differences in the php.ini file between the two servers? Change in safe mode, perhaps?
    Fire extinguisher extraordinare
    -------------------------------
    FastServers.Net NOC Admin

Good point, I'll check that.

Originally posted by MarlboroMan
    Were there any differences in the php.ini file between the two servers? Change in safe mode, perhaps?
    No, changed to previous php.ini, did not work either.

Re: problem with postnuke

Originally posted by leat
    I moved a client from one server to another. I moved his postnuke installation, copied the database and the directory. The problem now is that it is not possible to login to postnuke. The correct password is accepted but the user is till logged in as Guest.

I assume there is a cookie problem, but I cant find out how to solve this for my client. It is possble to login from a computer from which none has logged in before.

I have problems like that when PostNuke is configured as an intranet setup. One of the postnuke sql tables has a setting for intranet (its like nuke_module_vars or something like that). Make sure its set to 0.

The other thing to check is if the new server has a newer version of php installed. I had this problem when I went from PHP 4.0.6 to 4.2.2. You may need to set register_globals to on in the php.ini file.

Hal

Changes in the PHP version? Somewhere is 4.x the default for globals was changed from on to off. That messes up a lot of scripts.

Frank
    Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Ksplice
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    UmbraHosting.com

Strange.
    Are you sure register_globals is "on"?
    Ahmad Alhashemi
    PHP, Apache, C, Python, Perl, SQL
    18 related BrainBench certificates

I went from php 4.2.1 to 4.2.2. Have checked register_globals and it is on. I will follow up the intranet variable in postnuke.

The register_global is explicitly set to On in php.ini.

The intranet variable is set to

s:1:"0";

I assume that means 0.

Re: problem with postnuke

Originally posted by leat

It's a problem with the pnSession.php file -- there are two hacks posted in the postnuke support forum (old):

First hack:

find this line in pnSession.php and comment it out:

// init_set('session.referer_check',"$domain$path");

Second hack:

find:

if (pnConfigGetVar('intranet') == false) {

and change it to :

if (pnConfigGetVar('intranet') == true) {

Thumbs up

Yes! Thanks a lot. I believe I will have a happy customer now