Question Retrieving MYSQL Database - Question?

OK... here's the rundown. I had to leave my web host. It was a rough situation, and I had to leave rather abruptly. My account was disabled, and so I had to change my domain names to a new host so I could get my site back up. At first (while the situation was still "rough", I did not have access to my ftp, or any way to access any of my files.

I have now "reached an agreement" with my old host that has given me access to my database. The only problem is that I don't have FTP access, or web access. Am I out of luck, or is there anything I can do to get my database back?

Ask your old host about how can you access to your MySQL database. Whether it is via SSH, Telnet, or via web-based?

Regards,
    Choon
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

If you do need to have ftp access to get your database and other files. I do not think there is some other way.

You say your old host has given you access to your database. What kind of access has he/her given you?

Later, Willy Peake

The best way to get a mySQL database is to get shell access and do a mysqldump on the database. If you can, request a shell account from the provider along with an FTP account so you can download the dump.
    Fire extinguisher extraordinare
    -------------------------------
    FastServers.Net NOC Admin

I appreciate everyone's responses. I decided to just start my forum from scratch. I'm in a time situation as I am going out of town Sunday, and needed to get my forum back up quickly.

Thank You for your responses.
    How do you like my sig line?

Another option, should you have ssh access is to use scp. There are some free Windows apps you can use to get it.

If not, try to ask them for it (altho if they're unwilling to give you web or ftp access, they almost certainly won't give you shell access).

Good luck.

Cya,
    Cloak