Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interview With Shawn J. White Of Cyberwings

http://www.compunotes.com/Interviews/swhite.htm

I have no comment at this time

Wow, yeah, but if you look at the very end, he's not giving up.

Yah know.. I would have to say that I bet there were a few companies out there trying to drive them into the ground.

I mean.. the boards were filled with others hosts telling everyone how bad it is..

But it is legal so there is nothing that can be done about it.

The thing is with Shawn, you never know what to believe.
    If you read the others things he's written...chat logs,
    emails, etc...he's broke, and ready to give up.
    This interview sounded almost upbeat.
    I have NO faith in Shawn White...don't believe a word
    he says...BUT - I met some rally good folks at Cyberwings, a few
    employees, but quite a few volunteers just eager to help out.
    Which, I guess, is one reason I haven't asked for a refund, and
    am just biding my time waiting to see what becomes of it.
    Sure, I've moved on to another host, but IF it should come back,
    and IF old customers are honored, I'll have another site to
    play with. I don't really care if Shawn's in charge or not...actually prefer he wasn't even around it...but probably I'll have lost my money and just call it a lesson learned.

He actually made some good points about building a community etc. It's a pity for all involved that it didn't turn out better.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Shawn White himself started the downfall of Cyberwings. If he only told the truth and not made LIES, I guess Cyberwings would have been able to recover.

And now he still wants Cyberwings to come back?? In his DREAMS!!

My favorite part of the interview is this:

"If the owner of the company does not have his heart in the project, it won't succeed. I did (and do) have my heart in Cyberwings."

Yet read this excerpt from his August 10th letter to his staff:

."I'm human. I guess I thought that if I told people that I wasn't sure my heart was in the business anymore they would bail immediately."

Shawn is the King of bull****. If you believe most anything he said in that interview, you need to get your head examined. He needs to sell his DC and start paying his customers and staff, before he deals with 'rebuilding' his nonexistant company. I'm also quite sure he has a few lawsuits on his hands. How does he manage to keep his DC paid up when last we heard he was flat broke and couldn't even afford to feed himself????

what a crock.

From "Gordo's Webhost" dictionary:

Shawnism - a serious psychotic disorder similiar to paranoia. Characterized by delusions of grandeur and often marked by feelings of persecution. CEO's with this disease may defend their actions(or inactions) with apparent logic and reason.

Hallucinations are known to include ownership of data centers, $10 lifetime accounts and late night visits by the US Marshalls. (Also see naysayers, Golden Fleece)

Posters note: From personal experience, it's best to avoid any financial dealings with anyone suffering from Shawnism. If you should spot such a person, report the siteing to legal authorities.

The bottom line is he sold a product for les than it cost him.
    There was no way he was going to succeed without profit.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Sorry but I am only part way through and I have to say that it is a load of crap already! I was a cyberwings customer, I tried to believe that the company would endure, but I saw first hand what happened!

He personally would come into chat rooms and LIE to customers. He would promise something and then it would never happen, if you tried to question him he would claim you were attacking him and being a naysayer (damn I hate that word, I never used it until this whole cyberwings fiasco). His employees would kick people and ban them for trying to find out what the heck was the going on.

This quote is rediculous! "I was also not prepared for the level of attack we endured when things started to hit bumpy roads. Instead of a mob of people supporting Cyberwings, pushing us forward, helping us to get over the bumps, a "lynchmob mentality" was created and people started wanting to drive us into the ground." I saw many people try to be supportive and understanding but how long can you be when you see no real proof that all of Shawn's talk was true? People didn't start the "lynch mob" mentality until they started to feel screwed. Many had reseller accounts and had their customers yelling at them and they were loosing money. When they would come into chat and ask how much longer my clients are getting mad, they would get kicked, or verbally abused by the staff!

"Throughout all of this, I did the best I can to maintain communication, but it reached a point where no matter what I said or how I tried to communicate with our customer base, the group of people who were against Cyberwings screamed louder, made more noise and did their very best at trying to drown out everything I was trying to communicate." Well if you come into a chat and try and LIE to get people to quiet down, you will only make them more angry!

I stuck around until the end, in fact I filled out a rebuild ticket and never asked for a refund. I tried real hard to have faith. Well I guess I am out $75. Granted that is not a TON of money, but it is not like I am crying about a $4 a year account either. I know that no one can prove it, and it is all just speculation, but I really feel like towards the end when he was holding all his zap this and lifetime that sales, he was scamming people. I think he saw the end a long time before that and tried to raise as much capitol for himself before the door shut. I have no proof, but that it what I feel.

I stuck around until the end, in fact I filled out a rebuild ticket and never asked for a refund. I tried real hard to have faith. Well I guess I am out $75. Granted that is not a TON of money, but it is not like I am crying about a $4 a year account either. I know that no one can prove it, and it is all just speculation, but I really feel like towards the end when he was holding all his zap this and lifetime that sales, he was scamming people. I think he saw the end a long time before that and tried to raise as much capitol for himself before the door shut. I have no proof, but that it what I feel.
    Actually that is a large enough chunk of change that I cannot fathom how you kept the faith for so long. You can file a claim in your local small claims court and have a judgement palced against Shawn for the money. Easy to do.

Of course Shawn knew the end was coming for such a long time and that the sales were scams, Geek4Rent stated as much in his chat transcript. He said that Shawn had that week of sales and then flew two of his staff members to Baltimore where they partied for a week and then he brought them ot Maine where they partied for another week. Not to mention the Limo ride to and from Baltimore and Portland.

What I will remember the most is Shawn's statement that they were not going to be another Dot Bomb, hell Cyberwings is not just another but ended up being one of the greatest bombs ever

Ishmael

I thought that he sounded regreatful... although, I think he just got greedy. YES, he should have limited the costomers.

How hard is it to connect the dots between, "We can't keep up with our service tickets" and "we should stem the flow of costomers."

I mean, really. Good God...
    The giant hamster of doom rains coconuts upon your tiny city.

well, I wouldn't say they were the biggest dot bomb, but in this industry, in recent history - they sure were.

-wc-

It never ceases to amaze me every time I see a company shaft its customers and then wonder why they start to team up to "drive the company into the ground" as Shawn put it. Its like having a cat that constantly urinates on your carpet, you knowing that this happens and encouraging it and then sitting around and wondering why the whole damn house smells like cat piss.

Originally posted by taoofbean

Actually that is a large enough chunk of change that I cannot fathom how you kept the faith for so long.

Ishmael
    At this point, all I can say is stupidity. I really wanted to believe bacause of the "great deal" it was. All that space and bandwidth, and multiple domains, man it was great. Well now I know better!

Isn't it amazing how companies tend to blame the people they screwed for tehir downfall? Shawn stole money from a lot of people and then after he lied to them about giving it back and they got pissed, he states that part of the reason for the collapse is on their heads.

Unbelievable, yet I have seen it happen several times in the last month. Even to the point on a laptop scam documented on fatwallet where the guy who stole everyone's money filed lawsuits against those he screwed claiming that they were the reason he could not send out laptops.

Ishmael

Shawn White: I did (and do) have my heart in Cyberwings. If I didn't, I wouldn't have thrown up my hands and walked away from it when things started to get tough.
    So he ADMITS he walked away when things started to get tough!

* at least it's been entertaining....

It never ceases to amaze me every time I see a company shaft its customers and then wonder why they start to team up to "drive the company into the ground" as Shawn put it. Its like having a cat that constantly urinates on your carpet, you knowing that this happens and encouraging it and then sitting around and wondering why the whole damn house smells like cat piss.
    Now that is the funniest quote I've read for a long long time!!! I was a cyberwings customer from October till the end. YES, THE END!! I made an incredible A$S out of myself for, and by Shawn's request many times. I made an A$S out of myself by defending cyberwings in these very forums as well as other forums.

Someone has said this already in this topic, but Shawn drove his biz into the ground...not his former customers. What an insult to the former customers. Many, like myself, defended cyberwings far too long....and this is the thanks we receive? Good grief, this guy has a problem taking responsiblilty and being forthright. This guy is an expert at twisting and contorting the truth. Those of us who have followed this drama completely as it unfolded know of one "statement" contradicting another, and another, and another...

The guy reminds me somewhat of Bill Clinton. If you're reading this Bill Clinton I apologize for the insult of association. Like our former President, Shawn has a problem with speaking the truth. He's a pathological liar. I'm actually beginning to think he believes what comes out of his mouth. It's like he lives in his own reality...he's sick! Naysayers, competitors, and the like all out to get him. Man, he's paranoid on top of it all. PERIOD!

This guy just needs to shut up and fade away, but first pay his former customers. I believe it's inappropriate to pay his staff first. Don't feel sorry for this guy, he made his bed and now it's time for him to lay in it. (Enjoy tht FrontPage 2000 that you got from me Shawn....traded FP2000 for hosting....what a swindler, you got it for free now)

One last thing. I've enjoyed the comical aspect of this all. The irc chats have been hilarious at many times. I've enjoyed speaking with and watching conversations with //Dave, Buttmonkey robot, Bob Dole, Penetrode, katsuey, macsamurai, pgrote, and others I can't think of that gave me many GOOD laughs!! Thanks to all the funny people in #wingtalk. And another thanks to all who operate the "childish" parody sites. I appreciate all the comedians involved in this!

And to Shawn, I look forward to the day when justice finds you. And for your comment that everything comes back to you ten fold....boy, you've really got it coming!!!
    Last edited by Dourque; 09-07-2002 at 08:40 PM.

Excuse me. Doesn't understand why everyone is upset of the growing pains cyberwings is expriencing? Hello Shawn; I paid $$$ for a service. You are no longer able to offer that service to me and have not refunded any $$$. That's fraud plain and simple!

Here's an interesting development...
    A buddy of mine whom I "talked into" joining
    Cyberwings, just got a refund...and he never
    asked for one!
    He never actually even got his site...it was during
    what we "THOUGHT" was "the big move" into the
    new, improved Data Center!
    He signed up and even took advantage of one of
    those ZAP5X birthday special upgrades.
    So, wonder if I can expet mine any day now?

Originally posted by Gordo

Shawnism - a serious psychotic disorder similiar to paranoia. Characterized by delusions of grandeur and often marked by feelings of persecution. CEO's with this disease may defend their actions(or inactions) with apparent logic and reason.

Hallucinations are known to include ownership of data centers, $10 lifetime accounts and late night visits by the US Marshalls. (Also see naysayers, Golden Fleece)

Posters note: From personal experience, it's best to avoid any financial dealings with anyone suffering from Shawnism. If you should spot such a person, report the siteing to legal authorities.
    LOL! That's funny stuff. I have a friend named Josh and he was the biggest bull****ter on the face of the earth. One day I decided to look up his name in the dictionary and what did it mean? Bull****.

Ever heard the term "joshing"?
    Devon Dunham (Owner, Sharpnet/DDoS Host)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation and Server Management Solutions

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.

Originally posted by Gordo

Once again Gordo, you nailed it. Don't forget "team of attorneys monitoring chat rooms and taking names of naysayers for future legal action."

Seriously, some of the comments in this thread of the "well, maybe he's..." type are hard to believe. Shawn White is a pathological liar. Anyone who hasn't figured that out, well, I got a $12 lifetime dedicated server account for you.

Proud to be a NAYSAYER

I got entertainment , didn't lose a cent & warned a few people off in time ...alas a lot more didn't listen

He still maintains that Cogent hasn't cut him off. Go Daddy thought there was enough weirdness that they move the domains registered under his reseller account.

Got a FULL refund

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say that I had received a full refund of everything that I have paid Cyberwings from last December.. All-in-all it was $1161.00. I originally requested for just $550 for refund just 3 days ago through 2checkout.

What do you guys think of Cyberwings now?? I'm sure that if given some time, everyone would be getting their refunds.

If Shawn is reading this post, I want to say thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast