InterWorx V3: My Review

Ok, so since I was unable to find any reviews on the internet I thought I would do one.

I have just ordered the software directly from InterWorx on a monthly leased license for $24.95 per month. The product has not been sent yet but payment has gone through and they have confirmed that.

Will update.

Good luck

Ok, the payment has been confirmed and I have been emailed the installation guide. I logged into my server via SSH and ran the installer. I accidently installed Apache, bind, sendmail, etc when I setup the server so it had some troubles with setup. I removed these but then had some issues with Yum. After sending a message to tech support, I recieved a reply within 90 minutes and he fixed the issue.

I ran the installer again and proceeded with the setup. At the point I would like to point out that the installer is well made and has clear instructions which anyone should be able to understand. After about 20 minutes of downloading updates and installing various packages the software is now installed. The next stage in the installation is for an InterWorx staff member to setup the License for me on my server.

UPDATE:

About 10 minutes ago I contact tech support for them to setup the server with a license key. They have already replied and have said that the key will be issued shortly. Considering its 02:22am that is a quite a quick reply.

Will Update
    Last edited by hausjellp; 09-21-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Quick update:

The server is now setup. I have had some DNS issues but will hopefuly fix those soon.

When I first logged into NodeWorx (the server cp) I was amazed at just how simple the interface actually is! It has the basic options to run a web hosting company. Advanced settings require you to edit files on the server (with Putty/WinSCP this is easy).

I have always used cPanel before and when I first saw how simple the look of this CP was, i was not impressed. However after using it for a while I can really see the appeal. Its not bloated, there is no rubbish and everything works. The control panel has a very solid feel. Technical support can take upto a few hours to reply to a ticket but they really give you the impression that they are actually interested and want to help.

I did find a problem when trying to use a script that required GD to be installed (as this did not seem to work) but after installing it the script was fine.

I will keep you updated.

When I have completed this review I will rewrite it in proper English with the correct grammar and punctuation.

Ill leave you with this thought: anyone thinking of getting a new control panel on a low budget then I would DEFINATELY consider this one. At under $25 p/m its nearly half the price of cPanel and others.

The server is hopefuly setup now. NodeWorx/InterWorx is installed and setup. I have tweaked a couple of files to get it how I want it but apart from that it 'does what it says on the tin'. Its a fully working php based control panel for servers (including clustered), resellers and normal clients. It integrates with Modernbill and many others (will list all) for account setup and billing. The layout is simple for any user with every feature having a '?' symbol next to it with a detailed description of what that feature does.

The support documentation is fairly detailed and although the support team may not be quick at replying to questions, i still think that 3-5 hours is not that bad for a reply from the support team.

I have one website up and running and what more can i say...it works, its running from a MySQL database with php frontend. Emails work also.

I will hopefuly rewrite this whole review with more detail of the control panel/features and what I think of each one.

If anyone has any question please feel free to ask!