Thread: .cc domains

Question .cc domains

I was browsing around for a .cc domain and was surprised by the high prizes.. untill I noticed they go for 14,95 at namezero.com .. now since I dont find any other registar that beats or matches their prizes... I am waiting what the catch will be... Is there anyone here that might be able to help me out on this?

I checked some .cc domains I know that are registered there, and somehow they wont show any other info then nameservers.. . so All I can think of is that somehow I need to stick to them and renew for a huge renewal fee in a year .... or they simply lease you the domain instead of sell it to you (?)..
    Alexander

That is significantly below the wholesale costs from the registry, so I don't know how they can offer at that price without something else generating revenue...

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Brisbane, Australia | The place to be :-)
    well, namezero used to give out free domains, but then started charging for them.

the deal is is that they will register and you pay $14.95 BUT what happens is by default it sits on their servers and forwards to your actual pages. this is good - but if u want to move it to another host (which i am assuming u do) then they charge astronomical release fee's

thast how it works

Sounds like a no-go area to me ... So I think 40-60 is the reasonable amount for such a domain then ?
    Alexander

You can find .cc domain names for less than $40 if you shop around.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

As thewitt said - Less than $40 for a dot CC - or less than $10 for a dot com.

Namezero registers .cc domains with Netsol that's what I know.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

Yes, but they own the domain when you register it there.. I think it's more or less a lease construction .. you can only transfer it from that for $$$$ I guess..
    Alexander